W10M Official Release Build 10586.318 Issues

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am starting to think i may have to hard reset.

In Windows Insider > Get Builds > Insider Release > Next (arrow key) > wait about 1 minute to press "accept" and Confirm the ToS > wait one more minute at the Ready for Insider Release screen before hitting the "check mark key" Then try Updates in Settings. That may help the device "see" the update? I know there was a wait in there to originally make it "take hold" when I first upgraded.

If that doesn't work you might want to reset..

dthames07021

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In Windows Insider > Get Builds > Insider Release > Next (arrow key) > wait about 1 minute to press "accept" and Confirm the ToS > wait one more minute at the Ready for Insider Release screen before hitting the "check mark key" Then try Updates in Settings. That may help the device "see" the update? I know there was a wait in there to originally make it "take hold" when I first upgraded.

If that doesn't work you might want to reset..

Tried the above work arounds and nothing. Then i tried switching to slow and fast rings , still nothing. Finally i hard reset with a clean install, still no updates available. I am at a loss right now.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
So I am on the slow ring does any one think I should get off the 14295. and go for the 10586. or will they eventually merge?

rinosaur

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I apologize, i checked the path in the insider app and i am verified to be on the release preview ring. I am starting to think i may have to hard reset.

I never got the .242 (was at .218) on unlocked 950 on H20 (ATT mvno). However I got this .318 now. Just give it a bit of time before hard resetting (real annoying)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I am on the slow ring does any one think I should get off the 14295. and go for the 10586. or will they eventually merge?

No one knows when, but there will come a time when Redstone builds will be near, or at, RTM and they will get pushed down to Release Ring. At that time they should be deemed stable enough for casual users... If you need your device for a daily driver or don't have time to send Feedback then going to Release may be a good idea.

If you stay on Slow Ring and things stabilize you'll have a point in time between Redstone and Redstone 2 where you will be pretty near a convergence with Release Ring as you wait for the first Redstone 2 builds to pass through Fast Ring and drop to Slow. Then you'll get experimental builds again.

For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so you would revert to 8.1 and have to enter Insider again to get Release builds: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?

If you have a built for W10M device, WDRT will take you to 10586.xxx and you can OTA to 10586.318 without Insider.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...der-testing-you-[recommended-guidelines].html

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
> •Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.

Is this the issue that happens in Skype (covers the text box and stuff)?

Whatever I had great experience in .242 and now I can't wait to finish the update!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
> •Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.

Is this the issue that happens in Skype (covers the text box and stuff)?

Whatever I had great experience in .242 and now I can't wait to finish the update!

that's because skype UI is soo incredibly slow, also happens on fb messenger when your phone is very busy

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
that's because skype UI is soo incredibly slow, also happens on fb messenger when your phone is very busy

Yeah the issue is still there especially when you tried it with BT keyboards.

Regarding the build, so far so good. My phone just went very hot again after the update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My 640 Xl on official update (non insider)

The flashlight quick toggle just doesn't show up as i had set it up before :(
But it shows as an options in the settings :(

I've attached screenshots.
View attachment 126155View attachment 126156

what if you change the display scaling such that it shows 4 rows of 4 quick actions instead of 3 rows of 5 quick actions? When it is the 3 by 5 mode, one quick action is missing which usually has been the VPN quick action

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
"Reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering" was mentioned as one of the improvements, but still if the screen locks, other devices connected to it loses connection. Can anybody confirm this, especially L92x users? If no, have you done hard reset after upgrading to .318?

RAJWindows

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Just give a restart after full update!! Will get Flashlight in the quick actions mine is 4 rows of 4 menu. Battery drain is still observed when the screen is OFF and Groove,NEWS icons are still blank. Only one thing I am still disappointed is call screen, it's still black and photo of the caller or calling is too small compared to W8.

RAJWindows

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
I am still facing the issue on my 730, my phone is Wi-Fi connected and in night time it happens all the time. Sleeps with 70-75% and wake up with 25%. Some of the apps like What'sapp,news notifications and gallery update doesn't work as expected after the update. Need a restart to perform good.

One more update I'm looking for is the calling screen, looks black/white with small size caller photo on the top, feeling proud to be owner beauty 730 :kiss: :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon