W10M Official Release Build 10586.318 Issues

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For those who are having cortana issues in india try to download UK language pack, but set default language in indian english and try again. i tried with .218 and .242 build it worked perfectly without any crash on L925

Yes that worked for me too after upgrading to W10 mobile 10586.164 and also in later builds. Lumia 535DS India.But only for speech settings.Keyboard etc only English India.

beantownsouth

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Second day on .318 with my Icon. The phone has been off the charger for 11 hours and I'm at 64% battery left. Woohoo I can make it through the whole day without having to charge it now. Once I start to navigate with it I know the battery drain will be heavy. Other than that the phone runs great.

mvonrotz

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
After The Update this morning the battery of my Lumia 950XL is empty after four hours whe even when it was both used at all, can't believe, and the item is getting very hot

pgp66

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Did my 950XL and worked fine to 318, but Facebook app was the culprit with battery usage and making it hot. Uninstalled it and phone is now perfect. So don't just blame the OS, you could have an app issue, check the Battery usage for the cause.

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Battery draining and checking your phone if hot then probably there's something going on in the background that the OS is not telling us.

- Check Battery use under BATTERY SAVER then click battery use.
- Check the BACKGROUND APPS and select which apps you want to disable running in background like turning Microsoft Edge Off (or other apps you observed high usage in BATTERY USE).
- Avoid restart for a while, just close unnecessary apps / connections and give it some time for your phone to cool down. Most likely there's still a minor update going on and it needs to finish.
- If you use Skype in Messaging then try to sign out Skype. Maybe there's a problem synching.

Mech0z

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyoing I cant see how long it has been on since last charge, would love a graph like they have on android, showing % battery over time

wisedesi

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Is MICROSOFT ever going to fix the dam Cortana crashes. It was crashing on my 1520 constantly (on Redstone and production) and crashes on my 950XL(Production). Most of the time you ask question and cashes and take to main screen.

It is F***** annoying , and I am getting to a point of stop using it :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Is MICROSOFT ever going to fix the dam Cortana crashes. It was crashing on my 1520 constantly (on Redstone and production) and crashes on my 950XL(Production). Most of the time you ask question and cashes and take to main screen.

It is F***** annoying , and I am getting to a point of stop using it :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:.

Hard reset time

beantownsouth

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
At least now the music will resume after I end a call. WIFI finally see my hotspot Windows 10 PC and connect instantly. And the battery made it all day and I still had 45% left after 18 hours of light to moderate use. I need to test the Windows Map app and see what it does to the battery. It usually kills the battery in no time even using downloaded maps. All in all, the new release seems to work great on my Icon and three PC's, that are running Windows 10.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyoing I cant see how long it has been on since last charge, would love a graph like they have on android, showing % battery over time

there are apps that can do that such as Battery app by Arthur Semenov

Yes times 10. Battery by Arthur Semenov. Great App and highly useful. Don't Windows Mobile without it.

Love the Live Tile. Love having it report to Lock and Glance. Love the graph. Love the charge/discharge rates. Love the accuracy of the estimated battery time as it learns your usage and how quickly it adapts that info to shifting patterns.

NanoCore

May 13, 2016
Visit site
After this update, I've used Mobile hotspot, but the connection drops when screen turns off. After reboot, my Lumia 930 cannot enable the wi-fi connection. It needed a hard reset to work again.

(sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian...)

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
there are apps that can do that such as Battery app by Arthur Semenov

I will second this recommendation... I began using this when I first started trying out W10M, as it didn't have the feature from Windows Phone 8.1 where it would show time since last charge in the built-in Battery Saver applet.
The main screen shows: Estimated Time remaining, Time since last charge, and a graph. Nice perks is that it'll show you stats, like Longest battery life time, Charges count (total # of charges), Average time between charges.

Most importantly, it doesn't seem to have much (if any) impact upon battery life, itself. :excited:

Link to app: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fapps%2Fbattery%2F9wzdncrfjc2z&token=M7ZHfXnd

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I will second this recommendation... I began using this when I first started trying out W10M, as it didn't have the feature from Windows Phone 8.1 where it would show time since last charge in the built-in Battery Saver applet.
The main screen shows: Estimated Time remaining, Time since last charge, and a graph. Nice perks is that it'll show you stats, like Longest battery life time, Charges count (total # of charges), Average time between charges.

Most importantly, it doesn't seem to have much (if any) impact upon battery life, itself. :excited:

Link to app: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fapps%2Fbattery%2F9wzdncrfjc2z&token=Dbqunnd0

funny thing is is stopped working for me the moment I upgraded to windows 10. If I don't open the app, it won't update the graph so the graph is always a straight line instead of peaks and troughs

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Cortana crashes a lot for me too. I have a 640 with .318. I'll use it to search for something, and it'll crash to the start screen. I'll search again, and it might return search results or it might crash. Sometimes it'll crash three times in a row. Really annoying. You can find reports of Cortana crashing in Windows Feedback. I suggest you do what I did and upvote every single instance of it you see, especially the ones created within the last few months.

And, yes, I have hard reset, and no it doesn't fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre