W10M Official Release Build 10586.318 Issues

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10 mobile

Not found on My App Free today and shows as 1.99 in the Store 5/18/16 at 4:45 P.M.

I am sorry you did not get it but it was there in Store & MyApp Free region India ,though I did not download it.
Does it vary with time zone or country ?
I found a free version of the app too, here is the link - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...app-folder-free%2F9nblggh67gkq&token=3z4zGxMn

There are other app locker apps in Store too , some of them are free and seem to have good reviews.

Link to site listing app lockers - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Blocker%26devicetype%3Dmobile&token=gdkx7QcW

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I installed battery app by Arthur Semenov and as expected, it does not work for me. The graph is always a straight line from the moment I disconnect the charger to the time I charge again. My usage is not constant with time but in bursts for a few minutes. Today in a span of 30 minutes I took several videos and photos which resulted in battery going from 100% to 89%. After that I didn't use the phone for 4 hours, then 5 minutes to check whatsapp, US browser. So battery dropped to 85%. So for those 5 hours total there's only a straight line from 100 to 85 instead of a step line from 100 to 89, then flat line for 4 hours and then steep line down to 85

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I installed battery app by Arthur Semenov and as expected, it does not work for me. The graph is always a straight line from the moment I disconnect the charger to the time I charge again. My usage is not constant with time but in bursts for a few minutes. Today in a span of 30 minutes I took several videos and photos which resulted in battery going from 100% to 89%. After that I didn't use the phone for 4 hours, then 5 minutes to check whatsapp, US browser. So battery dropped to 85%. So for those 5 hours total there's only a straight line from 100 to 85 instead of a step line from 100 to 89, then flat line for 4 hours and then steep line down to 85

There are some battery apps which are for Windows 10 ,maybe they will work better with your phone now.There was a series of Battery Pro + by Finixis Inc. in Windows 8.1 which also had worked okay for me .Link-
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...s%2Fbattery-pro%2F9wzdncrdsvdl&token=Rpa4cL2s

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
why do you say that they do not appear to close? What indication is there that they are still open?

While phone is getting hot on internet, something must be updating in the background or some app is using the internet in an inefficient manner

As an example : TuneIn radio. If I use the arrow to display tasks, close the app it will remain running. 30 mins later if I unlock the phone TuneIn is still appearing in the top of the lock screen as 'playing' but not in the 'task manager'

Why would an app update while only using the (internet) browser - make no sense to me

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Did you follow the steps to activate the configuration and use the access code to allow the app interact with the OS?

I did it this morning (L950 dual, 10586.318) and it is working fine.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
As an example : TuneIn radio. If I use the arrow to display tasks, close the app it will remain running. 30 mins later if I unlock the phone TuneIn is still appearing in the top of the lock screen as 'playing' but not in the 'task manager'

In the example you gave, TuneIn Radio, it's because it's a media playing application and it's allowed to run in the background, even if the app doesn't appear in the task manager. You can make an argument that this is how it should work, but you can also make an argument that if you kill it in the "task manager" it should completely stop. The thing is, if you want it to stop, you can simply hit pause on it and it stops playing. It drives some people nuts, though, that you'll still see it paused on the lock screen.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Why would an app update while only using the (internet) browser - make no sense to me

Even groove music will continue to play even if I remove it from task manager. So playback apps can continue though they won't consume so much resource in the background

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
Is this the case even if the application is restricted from running in the background? (I have restricted it)
Yes, it does drive me nuts also! Even if I pause it, and a short time later, unlock the screen it appears to be still playing (have to hit 'pause' again)

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

Did you follow the steps to activate the configuration and use the access code to allow the app interact with the OS?

(Forgot to quote you in my original reply)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

(Forgot to quote you in my original reply)

How can I do that? I missed that post.
Thank you

Miguel Senos

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, right now i'm in Portugal and own a Lumia 950XL current OS build is 10586.218
after 10 days from the .318 to production release, my phone still can't find the update.
any sugention to "force" the update?
i only upgrade to production releases, so no fast/slow insider rings
thanks in advance.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else still having problems with location/turn by turn navigation? This is frustrating. It was fixed on a few builds before the official release and since then appears to be broken again. It is so sad to be the only one in a group with smartphones that can't use their gps/enabled apps. This was one of the strong points of Windows 8.X in the past (Here Maps).

Try it please and let me know. If you use Waze or Maps, the location is picked up almost immediately. But as soon as you try to get turn by turn directions in either app (also happens on Nokia Here, but since it is deprecated I am not going to talk about it) once the route is set, the phone starts saying "Can't find GPS. Try going going outdoors" or "seeking GPS". It is not the GPS because the second I stop turn by turn navigation it finds the location immediately. The location icon appears on the notification bar on top as soon as the apps are launched, so I know it is working. Besides I do have another Windows 8 phone and it gets perfect GPS signal side by side.

This happens on Lumia 1520 for sure with the last few Release Preview or Release builds. I have seen on the web others complaining about it, but if I write @gabeaul on twitter about it, he never acknowledges it, although he does answer many other issues. Can anyone else test it and if you have the same problem let's find it on the connect app and up vote it, please. See if we can bring some light onto this issue.

Thanks.

I'm experiencing something similar. On my Lumia 650 I have problems with some background location tracking apps such as Navicomputer or Maaloo Outdoor. For some reason, when entering places with weaker GPS signal, e.g. forest, car or just by putting phone to pocket, background tracking will stop and saved .gpx file will show only straight line connecting places where signal was lost/found. But this can't be a hardware issue, since other apps (like GPS calculator) don't show this problem at all and it also can't be a problem with apps, since my older Lumia 620 is working without any such problems with the exactly same apps.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
Is this the case even if the application is restricted from running in the background? (I have restricted it)

I think this was directed at my reply, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I don't actually know the answer to your question but I will speculate that since it's a media application, it's considered "special" and it will still be allowed to run in the background even if you have said it can't. I've never really had it start auto-playing music on me, but then again, I don't really use TuneIn Radio, so it could be an app specific bug. Again, just me speculating...

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Bit of a problem backing up to onedrive.

Yeah, with a cellular data it's impossible to make a backup at all and through wifi it takes a few attempts until it succeeds. But this bug isn't a new one, I had the same issues with .218

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb