W10M Official Release Build 10586.318 Issues

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, with a cellular data it's impossible to make a backup at all and through wifi it takes a few attempts until it succeeds. But this bug isn't a new one, I had the same issues with .218

How many attempts did it take for u? I tried 20plus times and no good :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I fixed onedrive issue myself what I did was:
Turned off backup of participating apps. Restarted my phone. Tapped on (sms) messages. I had to log back into my outlook account. Tapped save. Exited out of (sms) messaging and tapped back in. Then I turned on participating apps again. Chose backup now and waited for about 10 mins while it backed up. Then when backup finished I backed up again this time it backed up as normal (under a minute). All done while leaving wifi on.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Something weird happened to me today. I was using Bing News when my phone, which was marking 55% of battery, suddenly rebooted (as it does at least twice a week, for my annoyance). When it turned back on, the battery level was 63%, dropping to 59% in the next few minutes. Anyone else experienced something similar? I'm on .318 btw, but this happens since day 1 using W10M...

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Similar experience for me with battery drain since early February; can't recall what build that was then; I'm on .318 too. This is evident only on L1520 and not L925. When the battery level get to around 60 - 70% the phone automatically shuts down especially when I have data connection on. It then won't switch back on until I plug the charger. No issues with Wi - Fi, I believe. I avoided a hard reset as my internet connection is slow but after 318 I decided to bite the bullet and with WDRT, went all the way back to WP8.1 then worked all the way back up to 318 WITHOUT restoring my backup. That seems to not have helped one bit. I bought the 1520 over a year ago so I don't suspect the battery as the 925 is older but performs as expected. Soft resetting the phone was giving erratic battery level readings; one moment it would show the battery as low as 2% or as high as in the 80s. Any suggestions?:crying:
Settings on both phones are the same.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I fixed onedrive issue myself what I did was:
Turned off backup of participating apps. Restarted my phone. Tapped on (sms) messages. I had to log back into my outlook account. Tapped save. Exited out of (sms) messaging and tapped back in. Then I turned on participating apps again. Chose backup now and waited for about 10 mins while it backed up. Then when backup finished I backed up again this time it backed up as normal (under a minute). All done while leaving wifi on.

Didn't work for me. When entering Messages after restart, no logging to account is required from me and whenever backing up takes only a minute (or so), backup isn't successful. Moreover when backing up fails, sometimes it will also automatically turn off switches for "participating apps" and "settings backup".

EDIT: It seems that first back up after restart is always successful, no matter which options I change. On the other hand any subsequent try is a no-go for me..

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Didn't work for me. When entering Messages after restart, no logging to account is required from me and whenever backing up takes only a minute (or so), backup isn't successful. Moreover when backing up fails, sometimes it will also automatically turn off switches for "participating apps" and "settings backup".

EDIT: It seems that first back up after restart is always successful, no matter which options I change. On the other hand any subsequent try is a no-go for me..

You can go to settings. Accounts. Sign in options. Chose Every Time. Then go through the stages I have outlined.

fx747

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 830, HDR issue - unable to choose best image after taking the photo ("Something wrong happened...").
Solved (?) by entering the settings and changing photo store to internal memory and then back again to SD card.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
While on the insider build 14332.1001, noticed the SMS delivery report was integrated into the thread. Anyone know if this will be a feature of the next production build?

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone notice this in action center? Swiping down twice, actually switches back and forth minimal quick action tile and entire list of quick action tile.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone notice this in action center? Swiping down twice, actually switches back and forth minimal quick action tile and entire list of quick action tile.

Nice tip!! Never noticed until now. Makes it much easier and quicker. Thanks for the tip mate.
?ire

Mitchell2038#AC

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
640 LTE here I suspect there is a memory leak going on but not sure where.
About every 2 days when sliding the lock screen up nothing appears the phone becomes unresponsive and I have to pull the battery.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
640 LTE here I suspect there is a memory leak going on but not sure where.
About every 2 days when sliding the lock screen up nothing appears the phone becomes unresponsive and I have to pull the battery.

I usually switch off my phone every night when I sleep. It keeps things running very smooth

Mitchell2038#AC

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm on call a lot of the time to support SharePoint and one of the things I like to brag about is the stability of my Windows Phone. I might have to take myself out of the latest builds once I get to stable again.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Battery steadily decreasing from 50-20%. I don't know how it drains but at these percentages I noticed drastic battery drain. Anyone observed this?

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I usually switch off my phone every night when I sleep. It keeps things running very smooth
I perform soft reset and a shutdown after charging the device, helps keep the device in tip top shape and after 2-3 days until battery reaches under 10% I repeat the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon