Sending images over e-mail

pajser

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
How do you send images over e-mail?

Like an attachment doesn't work, images are to large (I have l950). Someone posted a workaround to insert images into a body, that's a mess, for sending two images you end up with multiple attachments: five smaller ones and one with full resolution. Final e-mail has 6 images ?!

I don't have to mention that was working perfectly in win 8.

I tried windows feedback there are only few votes for option to resize images before sending over e-mail.
I now people are using whatsup or viber for sending images but that's not the solution for business use.

Give me some ideas

Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
How do you send images over e-mail?

Like an attachment doesn't work, images are to large (I have l950). Someone posted a workaround to insert images into a body, that's a mess, for sending two images you end up with multiple attachments: five smaller ones and one with full resolution. Final e-mail has 6 images ?!

I don't have to mention that was working perfectly in win 8.

I tried windows feedback there are only few votes for option to resize images before sending over e-mail.
I now people are using whatsup or viber for sending images but that's not the solution for business use.

Give me some ideas

Thanks

I made this tutorial for yohttp://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-how-guides/421358-how-insert-resized-images-w10m-mail-app.html

pajser

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have seen your tutorial.

I tried sending two images and recipient will receive 4 attachments (double images), one full resolution image 10MB, and three smaller ones around 200-300 kb.

Probably a bug in outlook app.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I share them directly from OneDrive and send a link instead.

Then I spend the next hour explaining to someone who uses an iPhone how to view the images from the link I sent, but that's another topic entirely.

pajser

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes sharing them trough onedrive is what MS wants us to do. But sharing five images (links) is not elegant solution, So you make an album yes? But when you do that and you want to share, phone wants to upload them to onedrive ok. But they are already uploaded?! I dont want them to upload again. So I went to onedrive app, there you can create an album from already uploaded images, great. But when you create an album on onedrive you cant share it?! So you create an album on onedrive trough onedrive app, then you have to wait for that album to show up in your photos app and then you can share it.

Total mess. Who tests those apps?

edit:

I can see now that I can share several images with one link without making an album. That will do. Thanks for the hint ;)

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have seen your tutorial.

I tried sending two images and recipient will receive 4 attachments (double images), one full resolution image 10MB, and three smaller ones around 200-300 kb.

Probably a bug in outlook app.

You're right about this, that is one messed up function

pajser

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The whole e-mail app is total mess, something so basic for smartphone is so badly made. It has to be a top priority.
For example for you to forward e-mail you have to wait for all the attachments to download, so if you have large attachments and on a bad connection you have to wait several minutes to forward an e-mail. On win8 I just pressed forward and email went, I didn't know when download has happened (probably in the background) I don't care, I just want to do this quickly as possible.

And back on the subject sending images like an attachment is elementary. Just make a resize option for multiple images like any other app (whatsup, viber etc).

I am so disappointed with win 10, I need a phone with good e-mail app and nothing else, and they managed to fail this.

Sorry for the rant.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The whole e-mail app is total mess, something so basic for smartphone is so badly made. It has to be a top priority.
For example for you to forward e-mail you have to wait for all the attachments to download, so if you have large attachments and on a bad connection you have to wait several minutes to forward an e-mail. On win8 I just pressed forward and email went, I didn't know when download has happened (probably in the background) I don't care, I just want to do this quickly as possible.

And back on the subject sending images like an attachment is elementary. Just make a resize option for multiple images like any other app (whatsup, viber etc).

I am so disappointed with win 10, I need a phone with good e-mail app and nothing else, and they managed to fail this.

Sorry for the rant.

That's why there's a feedback app. I also get frustrated by the function of downloading attachments for forwarding/replying mails. I have submitted feedback on the same and I can hope they look in to it

I'll also submit feedback on the way mail behaves when attaching images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05