Best GPS app?

BrianCoe

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to find an alternative to the native GPS on my 950. On a recent trip I had several instances (including while looking for the route to the Bay Bridge in San Francisco) where the Maps turn by turn directions would suddenly lock up. So I'd like to find a good alternative

I've got Waze, but since it's apparently never going to be updated I've tried a couple others. Recently, I've been using Co-Pilot, which isn't bad, but it seems to have a really hard time locking onto the GPS at times. Not sure what the deal it there, but I'm reluctant to spend $10 on something that might not work.

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to find an alternative to the native GPS on my 950. On a recent trip I had several instances (including while looking for the route to the Bay Bridge in San Francisco) where the Maps turn by turn directions would suddenly lock up. So I'd like to find a good alternative

I've got Waze, but since it's apparently never going to be updated I've tried a couple others. Recently, I've been using Co-Pilot, which isn't bad, but it seems to have a really hard time locking onto the GPS at times. Not sure what the deal it there, but I'm reluctant to spend $10 on something that might not work.

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Waze will be updated again on Win10, after the feb update

https://twitter.com/waze/status/725330916843896832

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what's up with the WM10 Maps app, but it often goes into "molasses" mode and struggles to keep up the pace on my 950 XL, which renders it less than useful (yes, I've given them feedback about it). Seems to do that most often when I've downloaded offline maps.

So most of the time I use Sygic, they often run discounts so look for those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte