Does anyone has any idea about this error message?

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Recently I had installed Windows 10 Mobile in my Nokia Lumia 925 via Windows Insider App and selected Release Preview and installed Windows 10 successfully and performed hard reset cleared everything and again I installed Windows insider app. Since then occasionally Windows 10 displays this message whenever I open Messaging app "Authorisation required Please re-enter your credentials" it has two buttons "Continue" and "Cancel" if I tap continue nothing happens and if I tap cancel then also nothing happens. Now I've selected "Production ring" in Windows Insider app then also Windows 10 is displaying this error message.wp_ss_20160513_0001.png

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Recently I had installed Windows 10 Mobile in my Nokia Lumia 925 via Windows Insider App and selected Release Preview and installed Windows 10 successfully and performed hard reset cleared everything and again I installed Windows insider app. Since then occasionally Windows 10 displays this message whenever I open Messaging app "Authorisation required Please re-enter your credentials" it has two buttons "Continue" and "Cancel" if I tap continue nothing happens and if I tap cancel then also nothing happens. Now I've selected "Production ring" in Windows Insider app then also Windows 10 is displaying this error message.View attachment 126371

Go Settings -> Privacy and check if Messages has got authorization for localization, contacts, etc

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I've given permission to every app that is listed in Messaging section. Even before also I had never touched that section hence everything is in its default state. As I said I'll get that error message occasionally today I didn't get that message. What do you think the problem might be? If I disable access to messaging app it shows different error message.
wp_ss_20160515_0002.png
Do you think I should also give access to location for "Messaging+Skype"? I have turned off location detection for all the apps.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok, thanks I'll turn on the location for messaging. I won't use Skype video hence I haven't opened the app. But I am wondering why does messaging app need location information?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by KKVinayKumar
Ok, thanks I'll turn on the location for messaging. I won't use Skype video hence I haven't opened the app. But I am wondering why does messaging app need location information?
It shouldn't.
Also, you'll notice this is mis-spelled ("isation" vs "ization"), I'd be wary of any apps you've installed; it's possible you've picked up something that's attempting to falsely obtain your credentials.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It shouldn't.
Also, you'll notice this is mis-spelled ("isation" vs "ization"), I'd be wary of any apps you've installed; it's possible you've picked up something that's attempting to falsely obtain your credentials.

The spelling could be correct in his region.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by The Extreme G
Originally Posted by PGrey
It shouldn't.

The spelling could be correct in his region.
Yep, I thought about that before I posted. If you can find a region where it's spelled this way, I'm curious, I didn't have much luck here, but I'd be curious if anyone can find this?
I tried searching cross Win-Phone and culture, not just WindowsCentral, and only found some obscure references, similar to this error report.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Authorisation is standard for British English or any other variations other than American.

Did you even login to your Microsoft account under the accounts section? This is prompted when you first install the build, if you skip it you don't have access to anything. You have to go into settings and add a Microsoft account under accounts.

Also the skype+messaging app has been removed in insiders. You should have one that just says messaging. If not you need to update in store, but again you need to be signed into your Microsoft account for store updates to go through.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I thought about that before I posted. If you can find a region where it's spelled this way, I'm curious, I didn't have much luck here, but I'd be curious if anyone can find this?
I tried searching cross Win-Phone and culture, not just WindowsCentral, and only found some obscure references, similar to this error report.

That's British English. Where you'll also find colour, aeroplane, programme, centre, labour.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss