Mail app alternative?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there an alternative app to Outlook for W10M? I'm really missing the ability to send emails from an alias. I've tried MetroMail (which doesn't even get past the configuration page and is abandonned anyway) and MyMyMail that doesn't support aliases. I would hate to have to go back to 8.1 just because of this lacking feature.

Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there an alternative app to Outlook for W10M? I'm really missing the ability to send emails from an alias. I've tried MetroMail (which doesn't even get past the configuration page and is abandonned anyway) and MyMyMail that doesn't support aliases. I would hate to have to go back to 8.1 just because of this lacking feature.

Thanks

This feature can't work in a browser? As a temporary measure until it comes officially to the mail app

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, something must've changed in the last two months. It's a pretty shiny (but sadly iOS-like) interface in Edge now (build 10586.494), with support for sending from the other addresses linked into the account. Still waiting for it to come to the Mail app...

ducmans

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.
Is probably caused by using linked Inboxes and only having one sound for the 'overall' Mail app.
You need to set sounds in System, Notifications, Show Notifications from these apps.

I solved it by installing another mail app (MyMyMail) and set a different notification sound for that app.
I still read my mail using the default Mail app but get notified by the other :).

This workaround only works for the same amount of mail accounts as there are different (imap) apps of course.
But with 2 mail accounts it works perfect.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys, have you tried 1Mail?
I have been using it when i was on WP8.1.1. I will install it now on my lumia 950 and see how it works and will update this post with my thoughts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon