App download problems

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
This issue has been bugging me for a while and it's gotten to the breaking point. When I try to download or update an app on cellular data, it very often stays on 1) starting download or 2) 0.1 of x Mb. Occasionally it will eventually download. I've tried signing out/back into the store, restarts, soft resets, still no luck.

Any advice?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This issue has been bugging me for a while and it's gotten to the breaking point. When I try to download or update an app on cellular data, it very often stays on 1) starting download or 2) 0.1 of x Mb. Occasionally it will eventually download. I've tried signing out/back into the store, restarts, soft resets, still no luck.

Any advice?

Did you enabled in Store settings "Auto update only when wifi connected?" Try disabling it

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by kylezangel

Any advice?

Did you enabled in Store settings "Auto update only when wifi connected?" Try disabling it

That was the first thing I checked, it's always been off. It's odd because apps download fine on my mom's WP8.1

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
We are both on the same carrier, which makes this more confusing. Updates start downloading instantly for her on WP8.1

Ok now that's clear. Consider that Win10 apps are different by Win8.1 apps, so we are talking about totally different files.
Usuallly it fixes by itself in one day

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully it does. It's odd, from time to time it works and starts downloading in a few minutes. Most of the time it doesn't. So will leave my phone overnight, see if that works. Usually does

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
So the app downloaded during the night as I thought it would, but trying to download another is leaving me in the same situation. Hoping this issue gets fixed somehow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss