I have seen the Windows Insider but when you upgrade, it's filled with bugs galore. I want a stable version that does not have many bugs.
    05-19-2016 11:04 AM
    I have seen the Windows Insider but when you upgrade, it's filled with bugs galore. I want a stable version that does not have many bugs.
    If you're not getting it from MS you need the Windows Insider app, install the Release Preview and once it's over, install production build. That's the stable build, the one MS is pushing to everyone. If you find it buggy, you'll unfortunately have to wait until the bugs are squished by MS. But that IS the stable version.
    libra89 and xandros9 like this.
    05-19-2016 11:16 AM
    If you got a eligible phone, Windows Insider Release Preview Rings got the same official Threshold build for the masses
    05-19-2016 11:19 AM
    If I do that, and install production build, will the phone continue to update each time there is a new production build? Or would I have to install the Release Preview first every time I want to upgrade to the current production build? Thanks!
    05-19-2016 12:21 PM
    If I do that, and install production build, will the phone continue to update each time there is a new production build? Or would I have to install the Release Preview first every time I want to upgrade to the current production build? Thanks!
    It'll continue to be updated whenever there is a new production build

#TeamLumia 950 XL
    xandros9 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    05-19-2016 08:30 PM
    Yes it will be updated every time MS pushed out a new update. Once you're on the production branch you get all the production builds without doing any additionnal steps. You will be notified you update, that's it! :)
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-20-2016 11:29 AM
    If you have a phone that qualifies for win 10 upgrade get the "Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor" app from the store and follow the steps. You will then get the release version and not previews.
    05-20-2016 11:42 AM
    Stay on wp 8.1 the wp10 sucks big time only huge battery drain apps crash and of course heating phone
    05-20-2016 11:53 AM
    Stay on wp 8.1 the wp10 sucks big time only huge battery drain apps crash and of course heating phone
    Not for all users. I would advise the OP to try it and judge for him/herself
    05-20-2016 12:58 PM
    If you're not getting it from MS you need the Windows Insider app, install the Release Preview and once it's over, install production build. That's the stable build, the one MS is pushing to everyone. If you find it buggy, you'll unfortunately have to wait until the bugs are squished by MS. But that IS the stable version.
    Ahh, I wish I saw your response before. Almost broke my 640 so I'll try this.

Thanks for it though.
    Oddly enough, the wrong way worked just fine for my 435 though. Ahh.
    dlalonde likes this.
    05-20-2016 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the response! So there is absolutely no difference between waiting for ATT to roll out the "official" update and doing this? I will end up with the current production build either way?
    05-20-2016 01:35 PM
    Thanks for the response! So there is absolutely no difference between waiting for ATT to roll out the "official" update and doing this? I will end up with the current production build either way?
    Yup! Maybe ATT will add something to it or a firmware update but the build itself yes.
    05-20-2016 02:09 PM
    Ahh, I wish I saw your response before. Almost broke my 640 so I'll try this.

Thanks for it though.
    Oddly enough, the wrong way worked just fine for my 435 though. Ahh.
    No problem! ;)
    Chintan Gohel and libra89 like this.
    05-20-2016 02:11 PM
    The difference is you'll actually have 10. ATT will never update any handset to W10M. Ever.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-21-2016 10:47 AM
    There is no stable version of Windows 10 Mobile.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-21-2016 09:45 PM
    Not everyone is having the issues you may be having. Please don't discourage people from trying something new.
    05-22-2016 07:09 AM
    Your personal opinion. The very most use it everyday flawlessy
    05-22-2016 10:36 AM