Windows Camera wont open anymore.

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
The Windows Camera app wont open anymore.This issue started a few updates back.
After the update,the phone restarted normally and then all the apps took about 10 seconds to move from a 'pending' state to the normal state.Except for the Windows Camera app.I searched the web for solutions,but in vain.
Tried soft resetting,didnt help.
Downloaded phone updates in the weeks that followed.
Tried a diagnostics tool too.
Tried downloading the Lumia Camera app,but it just redirects to this app.
The app gives the error : "Camera can't be opened.An app update maybe available in store."Sure there was an update,but when i hit the update,it finishes downloading and then gives an error during installation.The error code is 0x80070019. Googled the code,went through all the results,but nothing helped.Windows Central is my last resort.I dont wanna hard reset my phone and go back to 8.1.
Please help as I use this app heavily for my macro photography.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160519_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160519_0001.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 5
  • wp_ss_20160519_0003.png
    wp_ss_20160519_0003.png
    802.7 KB · Views: 5
  • wp_ss_20160519_0004.png
    wp_ss_20160519_0004.png
    83 KB · Views: 5
  • wp_ss_20160519_0002.png
    wp_ss_20160519_0002.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 5

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera Classic and Beta are unavailable.Lumia Camera 5.0 wont work either.
Since Windows Camera is a system app now,it can't be uninstalled,or moved from phone to SD storage.I've tried everything in the last couple of weeks and none of it worked.I thought newer phone updates would fix that,but no.
Is there any way to get it to start again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera Classic and Beta are unavailable.Lumia Camera 5.0 wont work either.
Since Windows Camera is a system app now,it can't be uninstalled,or moved from phone to SD storage.I've tried everything in the last couple of weeks and none of it worked.I thought newer phone updates would fix that,but no.
Is there any way to get it to start again?

Did you tried SysApp pusher? It's nice with core apps

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried it but again,it was designed for WP8 & 8.1.
I can still update the Windows Camera app but its the installation that always fails,with the mentioned error code.

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say it doesn't work with W10M. What I meant was that the app lets you update Lumia Camera,yes,but Lumia Camera and Windows Camera are seperate apps,with the latter being a system app.SysApp Pusher has nothing in there for Windows Camera.There's no point in downloading Lumia Camera anymore.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say it doesn't work with W10M. What I meant was that the app lets you update Lumia Camera,yes,but Lumia Camera and Windows Camera are seperate apps,with the latter being a system app.SysApp Pusher has nothing in there for Windows Camera.There's no point in downloading Lumia Camera anymore.

Undestood. I checked by myself just now.
Forget Lumia Camera, it was dismissed months ago.
If you cannot do a hard reset (it seems the only way for now, due to the core app nature), try standing by next Windows Camera app update by Store. Maybe it works

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Updating the app wont help as the installation will fail,because the app is stuck at pending.I've used the online phone diagnostics,that's the closest I have come to a solution.Thanks for your help though.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem that touch and glance options were installed on SD card by mistake and did not work as they must be installed on internal storage. I was even getting the same error when tried to update them. Luckily I was able to move them via storage settings back to phone. It could be that it is installed on SD card and if you can't move it to internal storage, your only option is hard reset with SD card removed from phone.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I've wrote what was my problem. System elements also should not be able to be installed to SD card but for some reason it happens, and not only in my case. That's why I assumed that same thing happened here. :)
Anyway, as I've already said, hard reset is the solution for you or keep using 3rd party apps. It's up to you. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234