Why is Windows 10 mobile so bad?

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Really puzzled at some of the comments because I had a 930 and had no issues with it, even after upgrading, and I now have a 950 and until the very latest recent update I haven't had a single issue with it until now.

The only issue I have now is that if I scale the text to over 100% it scales the text on the browser up to such a large size it's unusable. I'm sure there will be a fix somewhere but apart from that, and not liking the dull-looking new Calendar I've had no problems whatsoever. I didn't even have to do a hard reset.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
hard resets are overrated, even my spoofed 928 is running flawlessly on redstone, while I see a bunch of 950 users complaining, whether w10m will perform on X device is a complete gamble at this point, thats the real issue here

but on the bright side I can say redstone feels like a finished, pretty much consumer-ready OS, at least when compared to threshold 2 that is

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest release preview build on my 950 and 950 xl. Both perform quite well. I enjoy using them but will say that my 6s feels like a more polished product. But I Windows 10 mobile does seems to be making improvement. So ill hang in there and see where it goes.

Sent from mTalk

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ya - literally cripples my day. I've bought a mid range unlocked android phone and I hate the UI and lack of tiles - but man even without google services turned on, I'm not missing calendar events, seeing app crashes and running into all the random restarts that Windows 10 Mobile has brought upon us.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I think they laid off all the Nokia folks, and now nobody really knows how these phones work. Feels like its been two steps forward and one step back for a while now. Is it better? Yes. Is it as stable as IOS or Android? No. That's just been my experience (well, not with IOS, I've never used it) but I never have to fiddle around this much with my Android phones, and I can't remember the last time I had a crash or freeze. Can't say the same for my Icon. But in spite of it all, I find myself repeatedly going back to the Icon. I just love that phone, and much prefer the windows phone UI. Just wish they could get it so it 'just works'.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's answer is "factory reset." What a terrible response.

Any OS that you have to factory rests after every update is an OS which is not ready to be deployed on a phone that initially retailed at $600.

No wonder WP is below 1%.

In reality, a hard reset is, probably, necessary in very few cases, it's just the pat answer like the old 'have you tried turning it off and on?' response. I did one to 'correct' a problem and it did not fix the issue. The response, here, was 'you did it wrong'.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
'I factory reset my ATT Lumia 950 three times since I bought it in November. I was having problems 2 weeks ago with battery drain, and Lumia support said "Factory reset again." For the fourth time. That is 4 times in 6 months. That is completely unacceptable for a "flagship phone."'

I think you should be thinking about replacing the phone. A hard reset won't fix faulty hardware.

You also have to understand the mentality of 'support' people. Your first contact is a level one person who uses a script. So, you get responses like, 'give me these 20 pieces of information, do a hard reset, and get back to me'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte