Impossible to delete older text messages

Jrisfelt

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
There are some posts in this forum about issues with syncing text messages (sms). I am in particular frustrated with the fact that it is impossible to delete older messages from years back, they always come back after some time when I delete them. I have tried various ways of deleting a whole thread, individual messages, restarting the phone from a backup and from scratch but they always come back. Does anyone have ny solid information on when this will be fixed or if there is a workaround?

/Jon

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There are some posts in this forum about issues with syncing text messages (sms). I am in particular frustrated with the fact that it is impossible to delete older messages from years back, they always come back after some time when I delete them. I have tried various ways of deleting a whole thread, individual messages, restarting the phone from a backup and from scratch but they always come back. Does anyone have ny solid information on when this will be fixed or if there is a workaround?

/Jon

Try turning on sync text messages between devices (under sms settings) and then delete.

Jrisfelt

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately this does not remove the messages from my PC and only temporarily on the phone since they will still pop up again if you reset your phone (or migrate to another one). So, no real fix!
/J

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue on my 920. Text just keep reappearing. To make matters worse, I have it set to download messages from a year ago but it goes as far back as 2012. I've tried everything under the sun...hard resets, turn synching on and off, even combinations of synching with different time frames while deleting messages. They all come back from 2012.

I don't know what to do.

Jrisfelt

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Same for me. I have the setting "sync messages from the last year" but get messages as far back as 2013.
I have also tried a full hard reset including deleting the backup file on OneDrive but they still come back! :-(
/J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa