Why do I have a sudden battery drain on my Lumia 1520?

Sandipan Mallick

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Sudden Battery Drain out problem with L1520

I have a Lumia 1520. Whenever I am using the phone with Data connection being on the phone with say Battery around 90% the phone randomly switches off and then when it restarts it shows battery at 2-5% level. I put it on charge and with 30-40 min i gets fully charged. I have closed all background app and use one single app and still having the problem. It it Win 10 OS.

Can some one help.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sudden Battery Drain out problem with L1520

I have a Lumia 1520. Whenever I am using the phone with Data connection being on the phone with say Battery around 90% the phone randomly switches off and then when it restarts it shows battery at 2-5% level. I put it on charge and with 30-40 min i gets fully charged. I have closed all background app and use one single app and still having the problem. It it Win 10 OS.

Can some one help.

Are you using Redstone? Check Insider forum.
According to your battery behaviour, seems more a battery calibration error than other. A user told about two days of full charge and full discarge till phone came back to common charge times (30 mins are not realistic!!"

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sudden Battery Drain out problem with L1520

I have the same problem, but not caused by mobile data. For me it happens when i set max brightness (which I like to use). Whenever I set brightness to high, the phone starts acting crazy (the behaviou explained in OPs post). So now I'm on medium, but it's still not 100% right. I'm also using a 1520, it may be something device specific.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion