How do I switch to a slow ring from Windows Insider fast ring on my mobile?

Gopakumar N G

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
How to switch to slow ring from windows insider fast ring in mobile

I am in the windows insider fast ring Redstone build 14342.1003 and due to bugs in the build I wish to switch to the slow ring. How can I do that? By choosing 'Slow Ring' in the windows insider app or by choosing 'Slow ring' in the phone settings(Settings->Phone update->Windows insider program)?
Also, if I want to switch to release preview or production ring, do I need WDRT to rollback my phone to windows phone 8.1 and then upgrade using 'Upgrade Adviser' or 'Windows Insider' app?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to switch to slow ring from windows insider fast ring in mobile

Hi,
You can switch to the slow ring by choosing slow ring in the Insider app.
However you are still going to be running build 14342.1003.
Also the slow ring points to 14342.1003 at the moment.

' if I want to switch to release preview or production ring, do I need WDRT to rollback my phone to windows phone 8.1 and then upgrade using 'Upgrade Adviser' or 'Windows Insider' app?'
Yes, that is what you need to do.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to switch to slow ring from windows insider fast ring in mobile

I am in the windows insider fast ring Redstone build 14342.1003 and due to bugs in the build I wish to switch to the slow ring. How can I do that? By choosing 'Slow Ring' in the windows insider app or by choosing 'Slow ring' in the phone settings(Settings->Phone update->Windows insider program)?
Also, if I want to switch to release preview or production ring, do I need WDRT to rollback my phone to windows phone 8.1 and then upgrade using 'Upgrade Adviser' or 'Windows Insider' app?

Please advice Slow ring doesn't mean MORE stable builds: as wrote in Insider Warnings, Slow Ring means you got the same build as Fast, but later, so you can find lot more workaround of bugs among the community than others in Fast Ring.

There's no different build on Slow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes