Severe overheating and constant reboot since build 332?

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Severe overheating and constant reboot since build 332

Looking around the forums and even on Microsoft forums, it seems that build 332 introduced a nasty battery bug, this is what happened to my 950XL:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2EF0900A3169A7BC!484407&authkey=!AGKnblqoECuOByg&ithint=video%2cmp4

Symptoms
-> Device randomly reboots when not connected to charger
-> Device locks up(freezes), screen goes blank(off) but phone is still on as it gets really hot(bottom half but top half stays cool), if device not on silent, any audio playing becomes high pitch shriek
-> Device sometimes will not restart on its own, only battery pull or holding power button down for 10+ seconds powers device up
-> Battery instantly discharges when reboot occurs. Device doesn?t reboot, upon manual power on, device show charge needed icon. If I do battery pull, device powers on with 50% battery but then powers off and again reports low battery

Troubleshooting attempted:
Numerous soft resets
Numerous hard resets with variables (restore from backup/ no restore ? clean device)
Used Windows Recovery Tool with above restore variables
Used device without SD card

My device is now in for repairs as the battery bulged and i suspect it might have damaged the device. i hope no one else has/is suffering from this.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Severe overheating and constant reboot since build 332

Received device and new battery back yesterday. System board was replaced. Also got as a bonus, some Coloud Pop headphones(nice touch). As a note, after reading a post from another member who states similar issues with his own 950, after battery replacement the issues went away. Unfortunately as there are no Ms stores currently in the UK, the option to quickly swap the battery wasn't available.

bhaspence

May 15, 2016
Visit site

Received device and new battery back yesterday. System board was replaced. Also got as a bonus, some Coloud Pop headphones(nice touch). As a note, after reading a post from another member who states similar issues with his own 950, after battery replacement the issues went away. Unfortunately as there are no Ms stores currently in the UK, the option to quickly swap the battery wasn't available.

Where did you send your phone off to(address) ? I'm also in UK

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I had to send my device back to the repair centre in hungary im afraid. After a support call with Lumia Device support they arranged UPS collection for me. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes