Windows 10 Mobile update stuck at 8%. What should I do?

mosharraf96

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
My brother sent me a Lumia 830 AT&T unlocked device. I found that I can't upgrade to Windows 10 with just downloading "Upgrade Advisor" app.

wp_ss_20160527_0013.png

So I decided to use Windows 10 by downloading "Windows Insider" app and I enrolled in release preview ring.

Then Windows 10 Mobile became available. After 10-20 minutes it downloaded to 8%. It has been on 8% for the past 1.5 hour. I did a soft reset and it was still on 8% and then did a hard reset. After a hard reset I started the Windows 10 update again and it started from the beginning. Again it is stuck on 8% and it has been there for the 1 hour. It shows that it is downloading. I think it is downloading as I am not getting very good speed when browsing from my PC.

So people, can you tell me that should I wait or do something else to make sure that it won't stuck?

Thank you for reading. Sorry for bad English and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Check that internal memory has at least free 2GB. Also check your internet connection. It may take a long time if on slow internet. Don't believe the percentage shown. Sometimes they don't update often.

If nothing works: hard reset without installing from backup. Then try the upgrade again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills