The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-03-2016 10:51 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    my 3 year old 1320 on last build 338 runs so well, the battery seems to be the best ever, and normally it hangs once or twice per day on build 318, but so far so good, no more hot issue, no hangs whatsoever. Let's see how long it lasts without a hiccup.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-02-2016 10:50 AM
    As a Microsoft fan I have to say that I am angry about what they have done on the mobile front.There was a time when Apple computers were essentially dead in the water but they kept plugging away for years until they built momentum.
    apple computers are still a tiny minority, and barely register, when compared with the number of windows computers

Since the Lumia 1020 I have been waiting to be wowed by a windows phone and each time I get my hopes up I am left let down.
    the 1020 barely made a dent, and was a gimmick for just putting a camera in it, which had already be done before

Now to have Microsoft themselves basically torpedo the platform, I have to say against all logic I feel betrayed, I invested so much time and emotion into this platform and nothing. Satya is a real disappointment on the mobile front.
    the unification of windows 10 across multiple platforms and hardware is much more impressive than any one step forward with a phone. continuum shows the direction they are going, and the surface platform, and possible future surface devices gives me plenty to look forward to.

later
    06-02-2016 12:53 PM
    My 822 fell apart 1 week after the .318 production release was installed. Restarts, battery dead after 4 hours, so slow. Verified it wasn't the battery or microSD. Did a hard reset with no improvement.

I had nothing to lose by trying the .338 preview. The phone is responsive and I still have 85% battery after 6 hours. Think I might turn off updates and hold out until the Surface Phone gets here!
    06-02-2016 09:26 PM
    Once again, I'm reading a thread with a specific question and some of the answers that would otherwise backup the OP's original point are not relevant because:

1) you're using an unsupported handset (e.g. 822, 920)
    2) you're on a redstone insider build

Can we please keep this thread on the topic as stated in the OP?

For example:

my 3 year old 1320 on last build 338 runs so well, the battery seems to be the best ever, and normally it hangs once or twice per day on build 318, but so far so good, no more hot issue, no hangs whatsoever. Let's see how long it lasts without a hiccup.
    The 1320 is not officially supported on Windows 10. As harsh as this will sound, while your phone may be working nicely, any problems or good performance can't be considered relevant to the conversation.

Also:

The option to change to basic feedback is not available anymore in the latest Redstone builds.
    It won't be - if you're on redstone you're on an insider build and you agree to more data collection by Microsoft to assist with QA testing.

Also, the OP specifically asked about people on production builds, you're using insider builds. Again, your comments are therefore not relevant to the OP's original point.

See? What on earth is going on? I knew I wasn't the only one.
    You're replying to someone who is clearly on an insider build (redstone) but you specifically asked people for comments regarding the current production build - I don't see how you can take speccy's comment on board as applying to the problem you have described when he's on an insider build.

Back to the original question:

Is 10586.318 not the latest production build?
    That's what I have on my 950 that is on production. .338 is still pre-release, I see that you're updating to it now even though it's still not a production release.

I've only had my 950 for 4 weeks but so far haven't had any signs of slowdown or general worsening in performance in the 3 weeks since .318 was released. I have other issues with specific apps (poor camera focus at night, shazam) but general performance has not changed.

That's not to say that you're 735 should therefore be OK, it's a different handset with different internals so I can believe that you may be having a problem. However, to answer your original question, in my case on my 950, I'm experiencing no such issues.
    Last edited by skydiverian; 06-03-2016 at 03:56 AM.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-03-2016 03:42 AM
    For my own part, I scour the forums a lot and glance at many many threads/topics and may have missed that it was a production build themed thread. I would not expect to see degradation on the production release but as I run Redstone, I can't really comment either way, so please disregard my earlier comments which do not pertain to production builds of the OS.
    06-03-2016 05:56 AM
    I believe my comment is relevant. I run production builds on a phone with 1GB of RAM that Windows Insider determined was eligible. The second production build brought many improvements so I uninstalled Insider Preview, but continued to get updates. The production build before .318 probably would have been fine to stay with, but after reading the fixes in .318 I decided to accept the production update. Everything went well for a while and then the same problems as others have stated started to happen. So, while I don't have the same phone as the OP, I had the exact same experience.

And on preview build .338 my phone has better performance and battery life than when I bought it, running WM 8.0.
    06-03-2016 07:12 AM
    I don't accept the low end device line of thinking. My point is that things start out great and then tend to gradually get worse, or at least it seems that way.
    I have a brand new Lumia 650 and even this new device aint free of issues !!

Photos app is terrible !
    Deleting photos takes so long and most of the time it simply vanishes from the app but in reality File Explorer still retains the photos.

Many more silly little issues that just bug me.

And please, anyone who says, "Oh, just wait a little more, Redstone will fix things" - Just shut up..

I'm a die hard Windows10/Windows10Mobile lover and even i can't stand this :(
    06-03-2016 10:00 AM
    I have a brand new Lumia 650 and even this new device aint free of issues !!

Photos app is terrible !
    Deleting photos takes so long and most of the time it simply vanishes from the app but in reality File Explorer still retains the photos.

Many more silly little issues that just bug me.

And please, anyone who says, "Oh, just wait a little more, Redstone will fix things" - Just shut up..

I'm a die hard Windows10/Windows10Mobile lover and even i can't stand this :(
    I got a 650 too, never had ONE single iussue you are sayin, both in Trheshold and Redstone. Are you sure you updated everything, o.s. firmware and apps as Microsoft sent to you?
    Are you using a decent X10 SD card?
    06-03-2016 10:51 AM
83 ... 234