Start screen feezes/lags

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Last week I took the SIM out of my 950XL (running .318), put it in an adapter and dropped it in my 640 which is running the latest Redstone build. Decided to switch it back as I need my 950XL for two authenticator apps, tied to the phone and am tired of carrying two phones Now, the above info may or may not be related to my problem - it could be that I only just noticed it now after putting the sim back in the 950XL.

The problem: when scrolling through my start screen, or rearranging my live tiles, the start screen freezes for a seconds/lags and is non-responsive. It eventually responds, but it definitely is freezing/lagging. Has anyone seen this or have a suggestion on how to fix it?

I've done a soft reset. I recently installed Audible. Uninstalling seemed to have no effect. Any thoughts?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Answering my own question - at least I think so. I started going through the various configuration changes I'd made and undoing them one at at a time. I have six live tiles of "people" (wife, good friends, etc.) on my start screen. I decided to maximize the real estate and put them in a folder on the start screen. That was one of the last things I did so I undid it and moved them out of the folder. The problem seemed to go away. What's bizarre is I have since added the folder with my people in it back and the problem hasn't come back. So, either it was something else that I undid (removed a few tiles, uninstalled a few apps) or just a coincidence. Either way, the problem has resolved itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa