Will there be any possibility to see W10 on other mobiles rather than Microsoft?

RAJWindows

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Will there be any possibility to see W10 on other mobiles rather than Microsoft!!!

I'm amazed to see that Microsoft mobiles are the only ones which contains W10 OS (in India, didn't see many except HTC). Would like to see the W10 OS on different mobiles like Samsung, Xiaomi and Sony, not sure if we had W10 OS on these mobiles the usability would have been more increased. There are many people to see and use W10 OS on Samsung and Sony. Only Ativ series which has been released in the US and not successful as well!! Really interested to see W10 OS on Sony or Samsung which makes users comfortable to use!!

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will there be any possibility to see W10 on other mobiles rather than Microsoft!!!

Sony? Nope.
Samsung - most probably not.
Xiaomi will maybe release a dual OS phone (meaning there are two versions, one runs Win10M, and the other one probably Android). They also have that custom ROM for that one device. However I still wouldn't bet on it.
As for others, everyone is welcome to join, and that's even what Microsoft hopes will happen. Though I don't see anything special happening anytime soon. All we'll get are some indian budget devices like those BLU phones.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will there be any possibility to see W10 on other mobiles rather than Microsoft!!!

if i remember while ago Microsoft announced 20-30 manufactures that were going to make windows phones and none of them were big players. We still havent seen anything yet apart alcatel, hp , vaio (released in japan only) that announced them and possibly they are not going to be worldwide releases. Microsoft should step it up and not trying to withdraw from making phones and pass 2016 without even 1 phone. Closing down Brazil while a big market for windows mobile was not a great move. They are targeting companies as they did with surface and release the surface phone and if rumors come true is going to be high end for businesses. I want to believe that lumia line will continue but it doesnt seems so. Its going to be a problem for lot of windows users (if they are still left haha) to buy new phone when they arent any and have limited choices in their country

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, MS announced loads of 'partners' (I don't think they said they'll make devices, they just said patners), and as of now, only a few of them announced or released a phone. All in all, you definitely should not expect anything extraordinary happening in the Windows Mobile ecosystem. We'll get the surface phone (at some point in the future), we'll get a few mid-range devices, even some high-end (like the HP Elite), but that's about it. And I really don't see that as a problem. Things come and go. Just find a phone that works well for you and be happy with it.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

There are plenty of pessimists around here.

I think it takes a couple of days to design and build a phone, give them a chance...........................

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

we are not pessimists they are just facts...when they are not interested to make windows phones they wont. We ll see how it goes

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Will there be any possibility to see W10 on other mobiles rather than Microsoft?

Well the plan from what I understand is to move Windows on to phones from other companies.
Manufacturers such VAIO, Acer, Alcatel, Coship and HP have or are in the pipeline for device releases.

Not sure about the Indian market however.
As always it's a matter of being able to wait it out to see what's really coming forth.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

I wish that Sony would produce Windows phones. Other than the remote hope that the new Nokia shell company will produce Windows Phone devices, Sony is the only OEM producing nice looking (not too rounded) phones with a great camera - continuing the spirit of Nokia Lumia (stand out, quality designs + top quality cameras).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There is already a windows 10 romf or Xiaomi 4 and it was said that they would be releasing for the Xiami 5, oneplus 2, oneplus 3 and something else I think.

I'm patiently waiting so I can get a one plus 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion