Asking Microsoft to implement something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

is there a website or anything where we can request features ? Like 5.1 Surround recording ????

I really want to have this, and to be honest this is the only thing what keeps me using a windows 10 phone (950xl)

HTC 10 came pretty darn close with the 24bit Hi-res flac recording, but still "only " 2 Mics are available for them and not 4 ....

Please Help :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The feedback app is the best thing to use. You might be able to tweet someone, but all they'll really do is direct you to use the feedback app.

Without numbers of votes, Microsoft can't assess how many people need a particular feature.

Of course, 5.1 recording will require hardware....

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Sure it does require,

Many Lumia devices support this feature, but not from the Software side. I have currently a 950XL with 4 mics... I hope it is 5.1 compatible (never found the right review for this)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol, not really, more like a sidegrade, it depends on what you value most, as far as 5.1 recording goes that would be a real upgrade

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but the overall experience (due to the older hardware) would be worse....right?

you never had a 930-1520? overall experience software-wise is better(8.1), hardware should be worst but... thanks to Microsoft.. see "real life" tests on youtube showing comparisons, as it is today, I doubt w10m can even fully utilize the 950's hardware or even the 930's, kind of self explanatory really since you're here making this thread asking for a feature that should be there but the software just can't use it, while previous OS did, heh

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes you are right, 950XL is my very first windows mobile.... (well I had a microsoft pocket pc back then but yeah...)

The older windows GUI was not really for me... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes