How do I stop Skype Messages appearing in messaging?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
How To Stop Skype Messages Appearing in Messaging

The question is in the title. is this possible? I find it rather annoying that I get the Skype messages in Messaging app. I know it's MS trying to be helpful, but I have everything from Skype twice. I use Skype for Skype, and Messaging for SMS messages. Can I make it stop? How? Thanks.

PS: I checked How To guides, did not find it there.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How To Stop Skype Messages Appearing in Messaging

Hit the "..." at the bottom of the messaging app screen and select your account name. Then tap the account name and use the "sign out" link that appears.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I did not have this option there, because I did not want to give Skype my phone number and I was somewhere in the middle with my settings. So I entered it to make Messaging app happy and then I could logout and Skype messages are now gone. Thanks again!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah. Skype messages in my main messaging app annoyed me as well - I prefer to keep the two apps separate.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The question is in the title. is this possible? I find it rather annoying that I get the Skype messages in Messaging app. I know it's MS trying to be helpful, but I have everything from Skype twice. I use Skype for Skype, and Messaging for SMS messages. Can I make it stop? How? Thanks.

PS: I checked How To guides, did not find it there.

Go to Skype VIDEO, not Skype or Messages, then Settings, Log out. That's all. And disable Skype in background app.
In Redstone, finally they removed the skype integration definitivelly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss