Question regarding external storage with OTG

Lucas234

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Daniel Rubino showed in a video how it is possible to use an OTG cable to attach an external storage device such as a flash drive to your Windows Phone 10 device.

1) Is it possible to do this with a hard drive, also? I don't see why not, but I haven't heard of anybody trying this.

2) Are you able to go into the Storage Settings and select "New videos will be saved to:" and select the external storage?

Slightly unrelated. When recording video, if the phone loses power, is the video footage lost if you don't stop the recording and save, or is it saved continuously?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Well enough, that's what I was planning on getting anyway. So is it limited to flash drive storage, or do traditional hard disk drives also work?

I cannot see any usb port tech specs, such how many milliAmperes could hold; surely far less than a notebook, so I guess not.

Ph0n6

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Haven't try recording yet, but my Seagate backup Slim (which used about 0.47-0.5A as I measured) cannot use the otg feature (when plugged in it said to use a PC instead, not sure how it work with the Dock though since I don't have it).

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't try recording yet, but my Seagate backup Slim (which used about 0.47-0.5A as I measured) cannot use the otg feature (when plugged in it said to use a PC instead, not sure how it work with the Dock though since I don't have it).

That's the common amperes use of a slim hd, 500 mA as standard in USB 2.0 port. Usually, phone docks got an external charger for giving enough amperes to usb devices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes