Uninstalling Highlights app and stopping Rate Me pop-ups?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

With the advent of the Lumia Highlights app, I constantly get notifications about something "new" that is of no interest to me. Is there any way to uninstall the app? It's really annoying, and I don't want it there, constantly going off with some notification about some ridiculous advert posing as an article.

Speaking of which, is there any way to stop the "Rate me" pop-ups from various apps? I had it set to "never" in the settings, but it continuously pops up with the frigging "Rate me" prompts.

I'm on a Lumia 950, if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well.. I think the Lumia Highlights app can be uninstalled just like any other app. If not, try going to Settings -> Phone -> Storage -> Phone -> Apps&Games, find it there, and uninstall it.
As for the rate me pop-ups, I'm not sure if you're talkin' about the pop-ups asking you to rate a certan app in the store(I think you can't block those), or the ones from Windows Feedback, or the one from the Rate your device app.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
There's no route like that on my 950. When I go to setting and then directly to storage, there's only a setting where I can choose where to save music, photos, and so on.
And if I search for "app" on the settings, it's under the privacy sub-menu.

The fact is, that it's one of those apps that I can't "right-click (i.e. long press) and choose "uninstall" as is usually done with most apps, there is no "uninstall".

And unlike on my computer, there isn't some powershell command I can run (i.e. getpackage etc)

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it does - except for that last part where it says "Related settings".
I just realised (duh!) I can click the "device" to go to "apps & games". Sheesh, I feel stupid.

In any case, I have the "Move" and "uninstall" button when I click on highlights, but they're both greyed out.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it does - except for that last part where it says "Related settings".
I just realised (duh!) I can click the "device" to go to "apps & games". Sheesh, I feel stupid.

In any case, I have the "Move" and "uninstall" button when I click on highlights, but they're both greyed out.

Well in that case I really don't know what else to suggest. Looks like Highlights is a core app on your 950. Try shutting the notifications down from Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans