Hi,

With the advent of the Lumia Highlights app, I constantly get notifications about something "new" that is of no interest to me. Is there any way to uninstall the app? It's really annoying, and I don't want it there, constantly going off with some notification about some ridiculous advert posing as an article.

Speaking of which, is there any way to stop the "Rate me" pop-ups from various apps? I had it set to "never" in the settings, but it continuously pops up with the frigging "Rate me" prompts.

I'm on a Lumia 950, if it matters.

Thanks in advance.
    06-03-2016 06:58 AM
    Well.. I think the Lumia Highlights app can be uninstalled just like any other app. If not, try going to Settings -> Phone -> Storage -> Phone -> Apps&Games, find it there, and uninstall it.
    As for the rate me pop-ups, I'm not sure if you're talkin' about the pop-ups asking you to rate a certan app in the store(I think you can't block those), or the ones from Windows Feedback, or the one from the Rate your device app.
    06-03-2016 08:02 AM
    There's no route like that on my 950. When I go to setting and then directly to storage, there's only a setting where I can choose where to save music, photos, and so on.
    And if I search for "app" on the settings, it's under the privacy sub-menu.

The fact is, that it's one of those apps that I can't "right-click (i.e. long press) and choose "uninstall" as is usually done with most apps, there is no "uninstall".

And unlike on my computer, there isn't some powershell command I can run (i.e. getpackage etc)
    06-03-2016 04:21 PM
    Your storage doesn't look like this?
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Because it should. Then you go to This device, then Apps & Games, and there you'll find it.
    06-04-2016 09:00 AM
    Yes, it does - except for that last part where it says "Related settings".
    I just realised (duh!) I can click the "device" to go to "apps & games". Sheesh, I feel stupid.

In any case, I have the "Move" and "uninstall" button when I click on highlights, but they're both greyed out.
    06-04-2016 09:18 AM
    Yes, it does - except for that last part where it says "Related settings".
    I just realised (duh!) I can click the "device" to go to "apps & games". Sheesh, I feel stupid.

In any case, I have the "Move" and "uninstall" button when I click on highlights, but they're both greyed out.
    Well in that case I really don't know what else to suggest. Looks like Highlights is a core app on your 950. Try shutting the notifications down from Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions.
    06-04-2016 01:35 PM
    Thanks, I will try that. :)
    06-04-2016 02:00 PM