Gif. Lockscreen

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
It would be nice to see animated pictures (gif) playing live on my lock screen.. Nice suggestion for the feedback app.

Posted from Windows Central's Universal App (Lumia 650)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My issue with using a GIF for the lock screen is that it'll take up resources. I've seen my computer struggle in the face of a large number of GIFs, not unlike using WC without an ad blocker. And that's bad for the battery.

Another thing is quality, most GIFs aren't really high quality and would look bad, like using a low res JPG.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I stay on my Lock Screen long enough for an animated gif to even make that much difference.

Live Wallpaper might get more traction.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My issue with using a GIF for the lock screen is that it'll take up resources. I've seen my computer struggle in the face of a large number of GIFs, not unlike using WC without an ad blocker. And that's bad for the battery.

Another thing is quality, most GIFs aren't really high quality and would look bad, like using a low res JPG.

maybe he meant gif as an example, vista ultimate had 1080p looping mpg videos you could use as background or just about any compatible video file, most computers have dedicated h264 decoders so it really doesn't make a difference running it all the time, and it was automatically stopped after you entered a fullscreen window

I've seen a galaxy S3 running a looping video wallpaper that reacted to accelerometer orientation, again, using hardware acceleration it really isn't taxing at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)