Is it possible to do a "Full System Image Backup" on Windows 10 Mobile?

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 on the Insider Release Preview Windows 10 update, and was wondering if there was a way to do a "Full System Image Backup" on the device. I doubt the normal phone backup option saves every single setting onto OneDrive. I keep Full Backups of my desktop and Windows 10 tablets on an external hard drive, which I must say gives me peace of mind. It took me a long time to setup my Lumia 1520 to the way I wanted it, specially with all the background settings that Windows 10 Mobile has. Some of the background settings were useless to me, so I disabled them and I'm saving myself some battery life right now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately no.

I do know it can be done on (probably rooted) Android and old Palm OS, Windows Mobile (pre-WP7) PDAs and phones. but not W10M.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, iOS can too, for the most part.
True, although they seem to have changed it a bit since the early days. If i recall correctly from my iPad Pro install they get settings from iCloud and then with the OS already running they continue to download apps and restore app data one by one. In the old days it would come out of a looooong restore with everything in place. Still, on iOS I don't think you lose any settings, whereas with WP there are still plenty of passwords and system settings that get lost.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Merazomo

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no.

I do know it can be done on (probably rooted) Android and old Palm OS, Windows Mobile (pre-WP7) PDAs and phones. but not W10M.

That sucks. You're right though, on my rooted Android tablet all I do is click a few buttons, and it saves the whole Operating System into my Micro SD card, every single file. On my Windows 10 tablets and desktop, it's also painless to do full image backups. It's great that Windows 10 Mobile has so many options to customize, but it gets a little overwhelming when you see all the individual settings you didn't know where happening under the OS. God forbid my Lumia resets itself and I have to do everything all over again.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I know, it's bad and I hate to setup my phone from scratch. It would be just so fast and easy to restore from a clean image.
Probably due to an app not being able to access another app's data might be a reason why we don't have system image function. Similar to why all anti-malware apps on Windows mobile is just a waste of storage space and memory. This is just my speculation. I don't know whats under the hood.
Still, we all can give feedback about the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3