Windows Camera App querry

mumairmasood

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 930 to Windows 10M last night. Now the Lumia camera app is gone replaced with Windows Camera.
I'm very satisfied with the still image quality but I want to know whether the new app records videos with 5.1 channel sound like Lumia Camera & Lumia Camera Classic did. Also how can I reinstall any of the Lumia Camera apps on my 930? :eck:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 930 to Windows 10M last night. Now the Lumia camera app is gone replaced with Windows Camera.
I'm very satisfied with the still image quality but I want to know whether the new app records videos with 5.1 channel sound like Lumia Camera & Lumia Camera Classic did. Also how can I reinstall any of the Lumia Camera apps on my 930? :eck:

I'm not sure if you can get lumia camera back but you can go to store, check history and see if lumia camera is available
Alternatively, search for lumia camera beta and see if you can download that

And for MS camera recording in 5.1 surround - you'll have to record a test video and check if it works or not

mumairmasood

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Well none of the Lumia Cameras are recording video & the default camera app in Windows 10 doesn't even record in stereo what to say of 5.1 surround. Only disappointment with Windows 10M so far. P.S Isthere any way I can go back to Lumia Denim?

mgmurmu

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
You have to update your default apps from the store after the os upgrade and you will see lots of improvement. And going back to wp8.1 doesn't make sense now as the os upgrade won't be free after a few days. Wait for the anniversary update scheduled to release some time in July, lots of good things are coming.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You have to update your default apps from the store after the os upgrade and you will see lots of improvement. And going back to wp8.1 doesn't make sense now as the os upgrade won't be free after a few days. Wait for the anniversary update scheduled to release some time in July, lots of good things are coming.

os upgrade for phones is free regardless of which date you're looking at. It's the free upgrade for pcs that has a time limit

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well none of the Lumia Cameras are recording video & the default camera app in Windows 10 doesn't even record in stereo what to say of 5.1 surround. Only disappointment with Windows 10M so far. P.S Isthere any way I can go back to Lumia Denim?

but are the lumia camera apps taking photos?
Also, as has been suggested, check for app updates and whether there's another OS update
You can go back by installing windows device recovery tool on your pc

mumairmasood

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
They are taking photos. After updates, the Lumia Camera App just redirects me to the Microsoft Camera App. Luckily the Lumia Camera Classic app is now fully functional. I can take videos in 5.1 surround with a 200hz filter again so what if they aren't 4K or UHD. :)

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Lumia Camera Beta still works fine. Videos can be recorded in 2160p (4K, UHD, whatever you want to call it), with Surround Sound and Audio Bass filter settings.
I have it installed on my Lumia 1520, so far it is working nice till latest Redstone insider build 14361.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes