Which weather app is this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would test drive this... IF it were UWP. I'm tired of the Amazing Weather on phone / (msft) Weather on PC split. I like the idea of UWP so my info is consistent.

BTW: Pro Tip for US users, NOAA Hi-Def Radar does work seamlessly across Windows 8/8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Phone 8.1 and W10M. I love my live Radar tile everywhere since I live in tornado alley it is something I need. Well worth the $2.

Special Bonus: check this offer. http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...credits-$5-just-325-credits-gold-members.html

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
You want some cool Windows 10 weather apps with awesome live tiles?

Try:

*4Castr (awesome if you pay, lots of diff live tile customizations)
*Vieather
*Blue Skies

I use the weather channel which doesn't do transparent but I like it as it fits my start screen well.

Last edited:

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
...I always just uninstall MSN weather and install 4castr. For me (also) one of the best weather apps for Windows mobile. Worth paying for IMO.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You want some cool Windows 10 weather apps with awesome live tiles?

Try:

*4Castr (awesome if you pay, lots of diff live tile customizations)
*Vieather
*Blue Skies

I use the weather channel which doesn't do transparent but I like it as it fits my start screen well.

OK... Like I moaned about earlier, I want UWP so 4castr is out.

Between Viether and Blue Skies which is best at a glance in tile? Refresh rate? Consistent between phone/PC?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
blue skies/vieather are uwp.

Nevermind 4castr isn't UWP which is a shame because if you do the trial on mobile you can customize it to hell. You can change which icons show up for different weather patterns like rain, snow, sun, etc.. You can then pin a tile and go through a wizard to select different tile options. It's pretty neat. Too bad it wasn't published to Desktop.

As far as Vieather and blue skies. Vieather is still a bit wonky, does have some nice live tile customizations but blue skies I would say is a bit cleaner so I would go for that. But honestly try them all nothing is stopping you. You may like one just because of some specific thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos