Windows 10 Mobile browser alternatives

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does Edge require you to login to anything to use it? One of the reasons I am steering clear of Google and Facebook is all the privacy issues. What sort of mandatory tracking and monitoring is built into Edge by Microsoft, does anyone know?

Also, I want to be able to block ads and stuff. The early impression I have gotten about Edge is that it is designed by Microsoft, primarily with Microsoft's needs and benefits in mind, and not those of the user. I am already going through a process with this Windows phone and the new Windows 10 operating system. I sure was hoping that I would at least have access to a browser that worked that I didn't have to wrestle with the maker about who was supposed to be the beneficiary from me using it.

Edge Mobile doesn't need login, you are already logged with your MS account in your phone. All the remaining, is the same as other apps.
Edge Mobile doesn't got any ads blocker extention till now, on the contrary than Edge on desktops, We hope they added them on Annyversary.
I tryed many others, no one got the same speed

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
yeah, but still I believe they will eventually do something with the rising number of windows tablets & mobiles

Well, if there is not any recent discussion about it, then it does not appear to be imminent, unless they are keeping the development of this a secret for some reason.

In any case, thanks for the article.

affaiec

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by Tyrion L
Does Edge require you to login to anything to use it? One of the reasons I am steering clear of Google and Facebook is all the privacy issues. What sort of mandatory tracking and monitoring is built into Edge by Microsoft, does anyone know?

Also, I want to be able to block ads and stuff. The early impression I have gotten about Edge is that it is designed by Microsoft, primarily with Microsoft's needs and benefits in mind, and not those of the user. I am already going through a process with this Windows phone and the new Windows 10 operating system. I sure was hoping that I would at least have access to a browser that worked that I didn't have to wrestle with the maker about who was supposed to be the beneficiary from me using it.

Edge Mobile doesn't need login, you are already logged with your MS account in your phone. All the remaining, is the same as other apps.
Edge Mobile doesn't got any ads blocker extention till now, on the contrary than Edge on desktops, We hope they added them on Annyversary.
I tryed many others, no one got the same speed

AmberGoth

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
So Windows 10 Mobile has been around a few months now. What are the best options for a browser to use with it?

1. I am currently using the UC Browser. However, after updating my Lumia 640 from Windows 8.1 to 10 last weekend, it is not logging in properly to certain forums now and I cannot seem to figure out a fix for it. Also, UC crashes a lot, and has the annoying tendency to go to a "white screen" when typing posts and replies, effectively erasing them, which is VERY annoying.

2. Firefox would be great, if it was available for Windows 10. But it isn't.

3. Edge does not have extensions and from all I can tell (I have not turned it on yet), Microsoft still does not "get it" yet on the browser front, even after all of these years.

4. Opera appears to be a viable option for the Windows desktop, but for mobile, not so much.

5. Chrome is Google, which is an environment I am trying to steer clear of, along with Facebook (which does not have its own browser yet, as far as I am aware).

6. I downloaded Surfy last weekend, but there is a lack of basic functionality in the ability to organize favorites and a few other basic things that made me shake my head and uninstall it.

So what do you think? What am I missing? Also, is there a good browser possibly coming down the pike for Windows 10 Mobile?

All this talk about a lack of apps for Windows Mobile has never impressed me much, as I don't want or need thousands of apps. But I do need one good app in particular - a good browser. Which as far as I can tell for Windows 10 Mobile, does not appear to exist just yet. This one deficiency really is quite major and it is really disappointing.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Opera mini.

That is what I am mostly using now, with some UC and some Edge mixed in. There is not currently a single browser for W10M that does it all.

If Edge mobile had a functioning ad-blocker, I would love to switch to that. But no such program exists yet.

Any word on the prospects of an extensions for Edge mobile, or at least just a good ad-blocker?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Anybody heard of anything bad about Monument Browser?

I started using it yesterday and found three nice features:

1. Ad blocker built in
2. It can open two tabs at once at the same time
3. It works with continuum

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I use UC browser all the time, but my big frustration is a lack of ability to designate "default" apps on WinMobile. There are tons of requests for this on the feedback forums, but so far they have refused to act on them. Right now with Edge, it's about 25% likely that whatever webpage that is opened will not render properly, with the font size and formatting being all screwed up. But, if I search in Cortana then things are going to open automatically in Edge. This is currently my biggest frustration with WP10. We need to be able to decide what apps are used for ourselves, not forced into something that is inferior. If MS wants us to use Edge, then make it the best option and people will choose to use it.

tamilarasu ganesan

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
So Windows 10 Mobile has been around a few months now. What are the best options for a browser to use with it?

1. I am currently using the UC Browser. However, after updating my Lumia 640 from Windows 8.1 to 10 last weekend, it is not logging in properly to certain forums now and I cannot seem to figure out a fix for it. Also, UC crashes a lot, and has the annoying tendency to go to a "white screen" when typing posts and replies, effectively erasing them, which is VERY annoying.

2. Firefox would be great, if it was available for Windows 10. But it isn't.

3. Edge does not have extensions and from all I can tell (I have not turned it on yet), Microsoft still does not "get it" yet on the browser front, even after all of these years.

4. Opera appears to be a viable option for the Windows desktop, but for mobile, not so much.

5. Chrome is Google, which is an environment I am trying to steer clear of, along with Facebook (which does not have its own browser yet, as far as I am aware).

6. I downloaded Surfy last weekend, but there is a lack of basic functionality in the ability to organize favorites and a few other basic things that made me shake my head and uninstall it.

So what do you think? What am I missing? Also, is there a good browser possibly coming down the pike for Windows 10 Mobile?

All this talk about a lack of apps for Windows Mobile has never impressed me much, as I don't want or need thousands of apps. But I do need one good app in particular - a good browser. Which as far as I can tell for Windows 10 Mobile, does not appear to exist just yet. This one deficiency really is quite major and it is really disappointing.

You can use coc browser.. It's built from chromium as google chrome.. It has many feature as google chrome.. It will be a best replacement for edge.. Just give a try

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers