Are interactive live tiles coming to Windows 10 after all?

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I know that Microsoft has unveiled some of the new features coming in the Anniversary update regarding live tiles, like Chaseable Live Tiles.

However, I have seen no reference to Interactive live tiles, a feature that Microsoft promised it would bring to Windows and I was very much anticipating it. It could be the feature that would keep me in Windows Phone and not switch to Android.

I am again disappointed by Microsoft, as my OneDrive space was reduced despite I opted in so I would not lose my free storage.

I like the OS of Windows Phone, but things like these are pushing me away, and at the moment an Android switch makes sense.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I know that Microsoft has unveiled some of the new features coming in the Anniversary update regarding live tiles, like Chaseable Live Tiles.

However, I have seen no reference to Interactive live tiles, a feature that Microsoft promised it would bring to Windows and I was very much anticipating it. It could be the feature that would keep me in Windows Phone and not switch to Android.

I am again disappointed by Microsoft, as my OneDrive space was reduced despite I opted in so I would not lose my free storage.

I like the OS of Windows Phone, but things like these are pushing me away, and at the moment an Android switch makes sense.

if interactive live tiles do come, it will take a few months at least. I don't expect anything concrete at all before November this year
Have you talked with a customer care rep for onedrive issues? They might be able to sort you out

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I have emailed them and received no answer. I talked on Live Chat with a Microsoft employee who said he would push the issue further and nothing happened.

And my question is, why should I support their OS? I loved it when I got my Lumia 520, but I must admit that despite the lack of apps frustrated me, there were many things keeping me there like live tiles. I was going to buy a new Windows Phone to enjoy Windows 10, but it seems that Microsoft is having such a success story with their platform that they are forcing me to switch. I have been very patient, but everything has a limit, and the OneDrive incident was the last straw.

If they keep such practices, I do not think Windows 10 Mobile's future will be any different from their previous attempts.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The "OneDrive incident" again :asleep:.
They warned for months via hotmail, it was a programmed downgrade and they asked for support. Infact most of us got original 30 GB free storage

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
'The One Drive' incident yes. Because I did opt in not to lose my free storage in January, and nonetheless I am getting my storage reduced. I state this in my original post.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not defending their mismanagement of their mobile platform but I dont think they ever officially stated this feature would be implemented, it's all been speculation based on a leaked video from Microsoft Research. So cant really call them out on this.
Sent From my SP3i3

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've heard on Windows Weekly that Anniversary Update Wave 1 (July 2016) would focus on bringing the OneCore code base together with no major features while Wave 2 (Spring 2017) would be focusing on new features on mobile. Which does align with Terry Myerson's comment about "mobile not being their focus this year" and aligns right during the mythical "Surface phone's" speculated release date. At this moment I'm assuming Interactive Live Tiles might be the biggest refresh for the W10 platform.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I've heard on Windows Weekly that Anniversary Update Wave 1 (July 2016) would focus on bringing the OneCore code base together with no major features while Wave 2 (Spring 2017) would be focusing on new features on mobile. Which does align with Terry Myerson's comment about "mobile not being their focus this year" and aligns right during the mythical "Surface phone's" speculated release date. At this moment I'm assuming Interactive Live Tiles might be the biggest refresh for the W10 platform.

Wave 1 means what???
Update wave 1 or wave 1 phone model like wp8.1 to w10m which receive update.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Not defending their mismanagement of their mobile platform but I dont think they ever officially stated this feature would be implemented, it's all been speculation based on a leaked video from Microsoft Research. So cant really call them out on this.
Sent From my SP3i3

Actually, they did say they will be implementing interactive live tiles, check the link below:

Interactive Live Tiles still coming in future update to Windows 10 | Windows Central

It was supposed to be released in 2016, I am guessing with the Anniversary update. So I hope this will be released without any delays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3