So Skype Preview replaced WP8 Skype for me on the Windows Store

Sebastian Williams

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I uninstalled regular skype that came with the 950 and when I installed it wouldn't download Skyoe and on the Start List of apps it has Skype Preview, just to note I'm not in any insider builds, I'm on 10586.318

http://m.imgur.com/a/szf2V

Last edited:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
that's very interesting maybe they are about to release it to current branch, maaan I'm so desperate to get rid of this 8.1 skype, its about damn time!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing but on RS1. When I've installed the latest Fast ring build, Skype appeared to be "updated" according to the store. It was a simple "get Skype" shortcut, leading to the store, which said app is already installed o_O. So I've uninstalled Skype and since then, I can see the UWP Preview, which refuses to install of course.

They will release the app on RS1 only at the beginning, it's a beta. Like on PC. So I wouldn't expect it on TH2 that soon.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait (Well I can and I have been waiting a year or more) for the Universal Skype app for production builds, but more so on my SP3 I still have blank space on the start where Skype will go but until it goes universal I am not using it.

Please make sure it actually works though, can't spend another couple of days explaining to my wife why it doesn't.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It better have a damn transparent tile, because I'm sick of the current opaque one, and I'm not pinning that ish to my beautiful start screen if it doesn't fit!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It better have a damn transparent tile, because I'm sick of the current opaque one, and I'm not pinning that ish to my beautiful start screen if it doesn't fit!

I wish they auto add a transparent tile option to apps during the store process and when pinning an app an user would get an option to pin a transparent tile or a default, that in my opinion would be the best solution (but of course it's easier said then done :winktongue:).

For instance on the desktop, icons have various px x px size and depending on screen resolution an icon set is used.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon