The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 mobile on my MS 640 XL dual and I was very pleased with the results and UI UNTIL I tried a video recording (with MS Camera, of course). The video was fine but there was no sound recorded at all. I have gone back to 8.1 and I can use Lumia Camera without any sound or video problems. I noticed also when on Windows 10 mobile that "Mini Recorder", a neat little audio recorder, wouldn't work at all.

(I have Windows 10 mobile running on my Lumia 925 and audio recording is OK when recording videos.)

Any good advice about the MS 640 XL audio recording from knowledgeable folk welcome.
    06-12-2016 10:11 AM
    Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 mobile on my MS 640 XL dual and I was very pleased with the results and UI UNTIL I tried a video recording (with MS Camera, of course). The video was fine but there was no sound recorded at all. I have gone back to 8.1 and I can use Lumia Camera without any sound or video problems. I noticed also when on Windows 10 mobile that "Mini Recorder", a neat little audio recorder, wouldn't work at all.

(I have Windows 10 mobile running on my Lumia 925 and audio recording is OK when recording videos.)

Any good advice about the MS 640 XL audio recording from knowledgeable folk welcome.

Check Store -> Hamburget tab -> Updates -> Search, if there any core app updates pending, all apps should update themselves in Win10 version were available.

Lumia Camera in Win10 was dismissed for Microsoft Camera.

Elsewhere, check Settings -> Privacy if Microphone is allowed in all apps

Check Store -> Hamburget tab -> Updates -> Search, if there any core app updates pending, all apps should update themselves in Win10 version were available.

Lumia Camera in Win10 was dismissed for Microsoft Camera.

Elsewhere, check Settings -> Privacy if Microphone is allowed in all apps
    pankaj981 likes this.
    06-12-2016 10:16 AM
    I did the check for updates and then updated the phone.

I didn't check that the privacy settings allowed the microphone but I suspect they did because access to the microphone by apps is allowed by default. Still I'll double-check next time if I ever try the Windows 10 Mobile update again.

I hope I haven't got the same problem as some 930 owners whose sound recording died after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile.

Yes, Lumia Camera is not installed with Windows 10 Mobile but I don't think I said it was.

Thanks for writing in.

After going back to 8.1 and then re-upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile the audio recording problem solved itself.
    Last edited by Steve Nt; 06-16-2016 at 04:54 AM. Reason: update
    06-14-2016 01:48 AM
    After I upgraded to W10, I went through and turned everything off, including the mic. Still worked for the phone, but I had to turn it back on to get it to record audio along with video (and then disable each app; Camera wasn't on the list).

Could have been as simple as that. When you re-installed W10, it turns all that stuff on by default... so MS can have access to it all.
    06-19-2016 12:30 PM
    After I upgraded to W10, I went through and turned everything off, including the mic. Still worked for the phone, but I had to turn it back on to get it to record audio along with video (and then disable each app; Camera wasn't on the list).

Could have been as simple as that. When you re-installed W10, it turns all that stuff on by default... so MS can have access to it all.
    Whagt do you think droids and istuffs do?
    06-19-2016 01:05 PM