Lumia 930 - Random reboot & Battery drain down to below 5, what can I do?

Joshua CE

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 930 - Random reboot & Battery drain down to below 5%.

After the latest phone update last month. my phone behaves very weird.

Reboots while normal usage(even during checking photos) and the Battery goes down to 4% (even if i had battery above 80%). Then i have to charge it to use again.
It happens 2-4 times a day, and im tired of it.

Tried Factory Reset once. Gonna reinstall software using Windows Device Recovery Tool.

Anybody having the same issue on your device, or if you have solution to fix it. HELP ME!!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930 - Random reboot & Battery drain down to below 5%.

After the latest phone update last month. my phone behaves very weird.

Reboots while normal usage(even during checking photos) and the Battery goes down to 4% (even if i had battery above 80%). Then i have to charge it to use again.
It happens 2-4 times a day, and im tired of it.

Wich build you got? Last insider update was last week. Are you in official build?

Tried Factory Reset once. Gonna reinstall software using Windows Device Recovery Tool.

Anybody having the same issue on your device, or if you have solution to fix it. HELP ME!!

Wich build you got? Do you have apps like MS Healt? Did you checked Store update list if there's something pending?
Did you checked in Settings -> Battery wich app is draining most, the disabled it in background?
By default all apps are ON , but most of them are unuseful when unused. Like games

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

goes from 80 to 4% after a reset? try resetting again, seems battery meter isn't calibrated, try airplane mode with only wifi on and battery saver on, just to make sure its the OS and not a faulty battery

Joshua CE

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Did a software reinstall using Windows Device Recovery Tool, then installed Windows 10 using Upgrade Adviser - FACED SAME PROBLEM

Then, Did a Factory reset and updated to Windows Insider Release Build last week - Still SAME PROBLEM.

I dont have MS health app.. did a fresh install of all the apps. And i dont think the app causing the problem.

My phone reboots all of sudden and Battery goes down to 4% and below. Not like usual battery draining cause of apps.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Did a software reinstall using Windows Device Recovery Tool, then installed Windows 10 using Upgrade Adviser - FACED SAME PROBLEM

Then, Did a Factory reset and updated to Windows Insider Release Build last week - Still SAME PROBLEM.

I dont have MS health app.. did a fresh install of all the apps. And i dont think the app causing the problem.

My phone reboots all of sudden and Battery goes down to 4% and below. Not like usual battery draining cause of apps.

Do you got any chance to try another battery? it could be a fault too. DId you clear all copper pins? Is battery firm in slot?

Joshua CE

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Never removed the back cover till now.. Just re-flashed Denim again now and gonna stay on it for a while to find out whether it is OS or Faulty battery..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12