Instagram Help

jeffnocom

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Just bought a Lumia 640 XL, downloaded Advisor and upgraded to Windows 10.

When trying to install Instagram. The button is disabled.

"To use this app youll need a device with more features."

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Need to update?

Try updating to the latest version and also turn off auto updates in the store via store settings (hamburger icon) before doing so.

Once the update has installed, leave the phone to do it's thing, check for updates and update the store first.

Then try installing instagram.

jeffnocom

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Try updating to the latest version and also turn off auto updates in the store via store settings (hamburger icon) before doing so.

Once the update has installed, leave the phone to do it's thing, check for updates and update the store first.

Then try installing instagram.
Did it. Still the same. I even tried hard reset after update.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Upgrade all the way to 10.0.10586.420, hard reset your device (optional, though suggested), and then update all the apps you have (including the store). You should manually check for updates multiple times untill there's no more updates.
Other problems may be that you're trying to get the wrong version (maybe there's still a beta going on) or you're in a region where Instagram isn't available (if that's possible).

Edit: Disregard this. I can't seem to download it on my phone (10586.420) as well. I'm given the same error message. I guess they'll resolve it soon.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I think that something with the latest update either broke Instagram or Instagram broke by itself. Not sure which is the case. I was able to use and install Instagram before the update today for Production and Release Preview ring (I mean for Windows 10 Mobile).

Edit: Going to see if updating the store makes a difference. So far, no dice. It's not the phone itself. I was just using Instagram on my 640 yesterday! I really think something broke.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos