W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The only time mine did this was when Skype Video re-enabled itself, when someone tried to call me on Skype (I had it all disabled).
Right after that, I had the huge battery jumps you're mentioning. I re-disabled it (wish you could just un-install Skype Video), and things went back to normal .318, nice, even, reasonable battery life/drain...

Sukina

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have a more serious problem than mentioned here since updated to .420. Battery draining about 7-9% per hour on standby. I have turned off all background apps except for whatsapp and wechat. Mail syncing at hourly. Phone heat up around 10-20 of reading articles on edge. Sometime in switching between whatsapp and edge, phone would black out and refusing to turn on. Had to do multiple soft resets through out the day for the last few days. I did hard reset 2 days ago, and didn't restore from backup. Still the problem persists. Twice already, my phone just turned off, seem to be out of battery. I plug the phone in to charge, and it got so hot I dropped the phone on the chair. I had to take out the battery for the whole device to cool down before charging again. Sudden shutoff without notice, and when plug in to charge, sometime still have battery. Is my phone broken?:unhappysweat:
Ordered my Lumia 950XL from microsoft on release day. Not sure if I can walk into Microsoft store for an exchange. Can't make any call at the moment, battery is sitting out for a cool down :(

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You've got something running in the background, did you check the Sype Video, and disable it entirely (Messaging App->Settings)?

What happens if you go to Settings->System->BatteryInfo->BatteryUsage? What apps are at the top, and what percentages?

My 950XL does pretty well on 420, not as good as 318, but I easily get a day, sometimes almost 2 if use is light.
I have seen the odd "blacking out" thing a few times, and once I had a series of "so dim it was as bad as blacked-out", but it went away after a couple of soft-resets, fortunately.
I would agree that 420 seems to be a step backwards, in some respects, really awaiting the next Release Preview or Release build...

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Are you browsing a lot (foreground) during this high-drain period(s)? It sounds like this isn't the case, that you've got it suspended when this drain happens?
Did you check the "Video Skype" setting? I'm not sure this shows up, in the battery list, as it might be system-level drain, or it could be showing up as that Edge issue.
If it's neither of these, I'd be stopping by the store, I bet they'll help you out...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

New bug: my 950XL got in a state where I could not get sound over headphones, no matter what I tried. The phone would recognize the headphones, and the volume showed as high, but zero sound. A restart fixed it.

Another one, I had a case where Bluetooth refused to turn back on. Frustrating. A restart fixed it, but even then it took its sweet time.

Old bug: closing a tab in edge, and having its url remain in the address bar.

Edit: and a new one: automatically connecting to known networks fails once for some reason. Might be since I disabled background data, not sure

Last edited:

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Hong Kong variant L1520. It goes from 55% to 0 out of nowhere. I recently got a L950xl for my birthday from the misses so I'm giving my L1520 to my son to replace his L920. LOL, let him deal with it. I downgraded it to 8.1 and used the upgrade advisor app to update it back to W10 mobile. Hopefully that fixes the battery issue. I know everyone says don't restore from backup so that may be an option for you.

Votshtoy

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Small but funny bug: Type the word tea or coffee and w10m will suggest emoji for green soup. Might also be in wp8.1 but can't test just now

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Small but funny bug: Type the word tea or coffee and w10m will suggest emoji for green soup. Might also be in wp8.1 but can't test just now

That's funny! On w10m, it looks like a cup. When I look at timbres response, I see two bowls of green soup on my iPhone SE.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Is your system accent color Green by any chance?

Tried going to the emoji keyboard > food > hold the emoji for color choices?

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
with .420 my battery shows about ~15h usage on full charge and .318 showed about ~1day 8h. Overall it last's about whole day with wifi or cellular data on!

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Done a hard and soft reset on .420 on L925, but the problem of battery percentage jump still persists. Don't know that whether every 925 is having the same problem or just mine. Thinking of reverting to 8.1. Anyone's having a solution to the above mentioned problem?

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Done a hard and soft reset on .420 on L925, but the problem of battery percentage jump still persists. Don't know that whether every 925 is having the same problem or just mine. Thinking of reverting to 8.1. Anyone's having a solution to the above mentioned problem?

Having same problem on L1520 but not on L925! In the last two days I've switched branches to Redstone on the L1520 and the battery drain has quietened; will observe for the next couple of days if this has resolved the issue. You can't do that though coz L925 won't take Redstone.

sriram prabhu

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
My lumia 950xl crashes and restarts automatically multiple times in a day. I'm not really getting a good Battery life in this Build compared to the previous Build.
Sometimes i get resuming in Start screen and few Apps like Weather channel, Groove music are crashing.badly in this Build. I had no such issues in previous Builds and I'm in Production ring.

Did anyone faced such issues with thsi Build on Lumia 950XL

fredie12

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My lumia 950xl crashes and restarts automatically multiple times in a day. I'm not really getting a good Battery life in this Build compared to the previous Build.
Sometimes i get resuming in Start screen and few Apps like Weather channel, Groove music are crashing.badly in this Build. I had no such issues in previous Builds and I'm in Production ring.

My 950xl is running great if anything battery life is slightly better! had it 3 months now and only had 1 random restart 2 weeks after I got it. I have a sandisk extreme 64GB sd card installed with everything set to install to it if this helps in any way. do you have a faulty sd card?

Did anyone faced such issues with thsi Build on Lumia 950XL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs