W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Official 10586.420 Issues (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

okay,
I uninstalled the top battery using apps.. still same result....

Same drain rate problem?
If so, what are the new "offending" apps, the ones with the highest usage?

pk24641

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site

Weird deal, what's it do on the hotspot problem? My 950XL is working fine (I use tethering a LOT), on 420.
I have had some issues with builds though, and one thing that often fixed it was to go into airplane mode, and then re-enable tethering/hotspot, WITHOUT first disabling airplane mode. I think this changes the driver stack load order, vs just flipping airplane mode off, it's often "fixed" my tethering.

Pardon me , but i cannot enable the hotspot WITHOUT disabling airplane mode first as there is no internet connection to share . Could you please explain how it can be done ?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you're right, either I was doing this differently, or it changed.
Either way, if you enable airplane mode, disable it, enable hotspoot and/or WiFi (depending on which is problematic), repeat the loop a couple of times, same deal.
This has almost always fixed my one-off WiFi issues, the ones where things like 5Ghz band Wifi can't be seen, or Hotspot/tethering enables and immediately disables, things like this, Airplane mode seems to reset the stack, even better than a soft-reset, IME.

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Overall satisfaction = just the way it was...few things fixed and few more things broken.

Good:
- Fixed keyboard and speech download & installation issues (big thank you Microsoft!)
- Overall it feels snappier (obviously after 5 minutes of restarting and loading apps...awful before that)
- Haven't used long enough but battery seems fine. Nothing dramatic yet.

Bad:
- After launch few live tile icons disappeared. App name appears on tile without icon. Re-pinning tiles fixed it.
- On notification centre there were only 15 options instead of 16. One row had only 3. I couldn't select camera and flashlight in quick actions. Battery saver was missing. It got fixed after a hard reset....BUT why the f*** do we need to perform reset after every update?!
- On each restart app takes too long to load. This wasn't an issue before this update.
- Can't connect to WiFi. Every other device is connecting just fine. Hard reset fixed it. Again, why the f*** do we need to perform resets to fix issues?!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Overall satisfaction = just the way it was...few things fixed and few more things broken.

Good:
- Fixed keyboard and speech download & installation issues (big thank you Microsoft!)
- Overall it feels snappier (obviously after 5 minutes of restarting and loading apps...awful before that)
- Haven't used long enough but battery seems fine. Nothing dramatic yet.

Bad:
- After launch few live tile icons disappeared. App name appears on tile without icon. Re-pinning tiles fixed it.
- On notification centre there were only 15 options instead of 16. One row had only 3. I couldn't select camera and flashlight in quick actions. Battery saver was missing. It got fixed after a hard reset....BUT why the f*** do we need to perform reset after every update?!
- On each restart app takes too long to load. This wasn't an issue before this update.
- Can't connect to WiFi. Every other device is connecting just fine. Hard reset fixed it. Again, why the f*** do we need to perform resets to fix issues?!

A simple SOFT reset would fixed them.... I don't do a HR since first buy. Thinking about needing a HR everytime is becoming like a urban legend

Brkoni

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't have any problem at all. L950DS unlocked. But old problems, are still there. No icon on glace screen for alarm, Cortana's quiet hours does not work like I set it. Few update ago, I hard reset the phone, but with no success to solving those problems.
Still think that v8.1 was better :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any problem at all. L950DS unlocked. But old problems, are still there. No icon on glace screen for alarm, Cortana's quiet hours does not work like I set it. Few update ago, I hard reset the phone, but with no success to solving those problems.
Still think that v8.1 was better :)

New Glance doesn't got at all icons except alarm by choice. We reported feedback for putting back the battery icon

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

Same drain rate problem?
If so, what are the new "offending" apps, the ones with the highest usage?
FINALLY!!
BATTERY PROBLEM SOLVED :D

actually i looked deeper and into every system app.
and at last i found that problem in outlook mail.
in managing accounts setting in "outlook mail" app
my microsoft live account was syncing continuously day and night without even stopping for a second.

i checked it again and again within some hours and it was syncing as usual. and couldn't change that settings because of ongoing syncing.

so i restarted my phone and then without wasting a moment i opened mail app , then managing accounts setting. it hasnt started syncing at that moment , so i opened it and unchecked the 'sync' option and saved.

so my outlook mail account disappeared from the Mail app... and now i sit here to observe that my battery just went down 1% in 2 and 1/2 hour of time after that..

so happy now...and revealed that i dont need to do any hard reset which i was kind of thinking about before.

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
So I just updated my 640XL to .420 last night. Never hard reset or anything as it restart on its own.

Charged my phone to 100% batt, facebook and browse a bit before going to sleep then woke up with 94% batt... pretty good.

Seems like nothing changes and in fact that all release preview I've used are all stable :)

anon(9728745)

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
A phone couldn't be slower... Since bought 640 XL, it is no smooth, no fast, no fast quick actions. And yet, this build is the slowest build so far. When I click on something, it opens 0.5 sec later...

Last edited:

WAG357

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My L950 on AT&T updated a couple of days ago to .420
I'm on the official ring, not the Insider builds.
My phone began randomly rebooting sometimes requiring me to pull the battery to get it to attempt to reboot.
Most times it will get stuck in a reboot loop 4-5 timers before coming to the home screen. I may get an hour of use, it may stay running over night as it did last night. I checked my email upon waking this morning and the phone shut off. No Goodbye, just black screen.
I have not been able to get it to stay booted since 6 am and it is now 10am.
Last night I used the Recovery tool and rolled back 1 rev and everything was fine. I restored all of my data and the phone was great BUT Windows update pulled down and applied .420 again and I was back in the same spot.
I have to use the tool again today if I can get my PC to recognize the phone which isn't going so well right now.

Can I block this update for the time being?

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have been continuously been getting random reboots once a day... and then it will ask me to restart my phone to complete my SIM card set up. There is only one application, LINE chat, that will not install and stays in pending... Other than that, it i has been working pretty well in terms of battery life and performance. I want to go back to .318 where it was better..

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
A simple SOFT reset would fixed them.... I don't do a HR since first buy. Thinking about needing a HR everytime is becoming like a urban legend

Soft reset didn't fix it. Even before that I tried just rebooting device. Fixed nothing.
Soft reset has never really helped in anything except Store and App related issues in earlier builds.

Now I still got 60% of my apps 'Pending' after 5+ hours of reboot. I'd installed language pack around 3 PM and now it's almost 9 PM.

But I got back icons of MS apps! Weather, News and Sports. In earlier builds they just had red, blue, purple boxes :excited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

FINALLY!!
BATTERY PROBLEM SOLVED :D

actually i looked deeper and into every system app.
and at last i found that problem in outlook mail.
in managing accounts setting in "outlook mail" app
my microsoft live account was syncing continuously day and night without even stopping for a second.

i checked it again and again within some hours and it was syncing as usual. and couldn't change that settings because of ongoing syncing.

so i restarted my phone and then without wasting a moment i opened mail app , then managing accounts setting. it hasnt started syncing at that moment , so i opened it and unchecked the 'sync' option and saved.

so my outlook mail account disappeared from the Mail app... and now i sit here to observe that my battery just went down 1% in 2 and 1/2 hour of time after that..

so happy now...and revealed that i dont need to do any hard reset which i was kind of thinking about before.

Good deal!
I would've gotten there eventually, but your email wasn't showing up as a high-battery-use app, yet. I bet if you had checked the list, after disabling those others, it would've bubbled/sorted its way to the top.
Good to hear it's fixed though; yep, push email is really battery/data intensive, I really wish they would default to something more sensible, like hourly...

WAG357

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My L950 on AT&T updated a couple of days ago to .420
I'm on the official ring, not the Insider builds.
My phone began randomly rebooting sometimes requiring me to pull the battery to get it to attempt to reboot.
Most times it will get stuck in a reboot loop 4-5 timers before coming to the home screen. I may get an hour of use, it may stay running over night as it did last night. I checked my email upon waking this morning and the phone shut off. No Goodbye, just black screen.
I have not been able to get it to stay booted since 6 am and it is now 10am.
Last night I used the Recovery tool and rolled back 1 rev and everything was fine. I restored all of my data and the phone was great BUT Windows update pulled down and applied .420 again and I was back in the same spot.
I have to use the tool again today if I can get my PC to recognize the phone which isn't going so well right now.

Can I block this update for the time being?

The weirdness continues.
I did not HR the phone again today.
I pulled and cleaned the SIM, no help.
I pulled my SanDisk Ultra 64GB SD card, which has been in the phone for 2-3 months, and restarted the phone and voila, the phone is stable.
It worked fine when I rolled the phone back last night with the SD card in place.
I've tested the card in a PC reader and it seems ok.
I'll have to get another card to see if the phone itself is the culprit or some kind of compatibility thing with the new OS version and that card.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The weirdness continues.
I did not HR the phone again today.
I pulled and cleaned the SIM, no help.
I pulled my SanDisk Ultra 64GB SD card, which has been in the phone for 2-3 months, and restarted the phone and voila, the phone is stable.
It worked fine when I rolled the phone back last night with the SD card in place.
I've tested the card in a PC reader and it seems ok.
I'll have to get another card to see if the phone itself is the culprit or some kind of compatibility thing with the new OS version and that card.

If I were you, and I had data I wanted to keep, on that card, I'd connect it to a PC, and pull it all over, for safe-keeping.
Either way, if you get a new card, it's the easier way to transfer the data to a new card, so it'll kill two birds...
I'd probably jettison that card too, I think a good 128GB card is going for about 35-45 right now.

MrKappa

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Either way, if you enable airplane mode, disable it, enable hotspoot and/or WiFi (depending on which is problematic), repeat the loop a couple of times, same deal.
This has almost always fixed my one-off WiFi issues, the ones where things like 5Ghz band Wifi can't be seen, or Hotspot/tethering enables and immediately disables, things like this, Airplane mode seems to reset the stack, even better than a soft-reset, IME.

I guess you are referring to another issue, thanks anyway. The hot spot issue I have is happening with the lock screen. I have connection to another device until I have the screen unlocked. It very annoying and old problem and I'm very disappointed that Ms never fixed for my device. They don't care about the customers!!! And the solution cannot be re-install Win8.1 where you have other bugs and no apps. Anyway this is a company phone and luckily should be replaced in few months.

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
... ... one thing that often fixed it was to go into airplane mode, and then re-enable tethering/hotspot, WITHOUT first disabling airplane mode. I think this changes the driver stack load order, vs just flipping airplane mode off, it's often "fixed" my tethering.

Good advice! Thanks.

Mobile hotspot drops connection after the screen locked has been a long time issue for me. Now the problem seems gone. 1 PC and 1 tablet have been tethered to my L1020 for about 15 minutes so far, and the phone screen has been unlocked/auto-locked for a few times. Both devices have been well connected.

sardelich

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes that also happens when you reinstall the android phone.somewhere you have info on battery stats, and reinstalling the os wipes them out, recalibrating the battery health.if your battery was old, and you just installed win10, it might be that stats were not reset correctly, and now os cannot tell the actual health of the battery. try going back to 8.1, do hard reset after the install.test.then go back to win10 and do hard rest after the install.you might get stable readings again, but much shorter battery life than expected.meaning the battery is gone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs