W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

JorEl

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I want .380 back. It was super stable for me. I have not had a good experience since going to .420.

Since I've gone to .420 (Lumia 735):

- Edge freezes once a day. Mostly random but appears to happen while browsing forums or pages with lot of text. The page will become completely unresponsive about 1/3 way down. Just stuck. I have tried waiting to see if it is just slow network but doesn't matter. Cannot scroll or click on any links at all. Hitting the BACK button to go to previous page will allow me to get off the stuck page so at least I don't need to force close. But I never had this freeze issue with .380.

- I am now not getting notifications anymore from BBM. Either through the notice bar or the BBM icon on my live tile screen. Had no issues with this at all with .380 (other than the fact BBM for windows mobile SUCKS and is like a year behind other platforms..) I have to actually open BBM and just check often if anyone has messaged me since last time I checked. Grrr

- Since I've had .420 (5 days now, my Lumia has randomly RESTARTED twice now while using it. Phone literally hard restarts in middle of what I was doing.

DeviDarkL

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I want .380 back. It was super stable for me. I have not had a good experience since going to .420.

Since I've gone to .420 (Lumia 735):

- Edge freezes once a day. Mostly random but appears to happen while browsing forums or pages with lot of text. The page will become completely unresponsive about 1/3 way down. Just stuck. I have tried waiting to see if it is just slow network but doesn't matter. Cannot scroll or click on any links at all. Hitting the BACK button to go to previous page will allow me to get off the stuck page so at least I don't need to force close. But I never had this freeze issue with .380.

- I am now not getting notifications anymore from BBM. Either through the notice bar or the BBM icon on my live tile screen. Had no issues with this at all with .380 (other than the fact BBM for windows mobile SUCKS and is like a year behind other platforms..) I have to actually open BBM and just check often if anyone has messaged me since last time I checked. Grrr

- Since I've had .420 (5 days now, my Lumia has randomly RESTARTED twice now while using it. Phone literally hard restarts in middle of what I was doing.

Have you tried soft/hard resetting your phone after update?

Vladimir Zak

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm new on WM10 - just got a new Lumia 830 and right upgraded it to this build, with hard reset to be clean.
I also experience quite poor battery performance, though not that bad as you do. Left phone on Airplane Mode (!) at night, and it lost 20% (from 100% -> 79%) in 7 hours :angry:. hell why ?
Needless to say that my former Lumia 925 (that is on 8.1 forever) only looses 2-3 % in similar condition for the whole night.
Something is very wrong on almost zero consumption mode it looses that amount of power , hope Microsoft looks into this.

HugoLopez

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
This is one of the best builds on my 950 XL Dual SIM. Battery life has been stellar, it only losses 5% overnight (WiFi on, Data On), unplugged the phone at 10 am and at 10 pm i have left still more than 60% (used maps, twitter, Facebook Beta and Edge). Phone doesn't heatup any more. Both Sim works perfect. I love this phone.

JorEl

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried soft/hard resetting your phone after update?

NO. I hard reset my phone when I went to .380. I am not about to soft/hard reset and spend the time getting it set back up EVERY time there is an update! And there shouldn't be a need for that drastic process for minor updates. I like to hard reset for major ones.

I have went through my notification settings and turned off then back on the one for BBM. Did the same in the app itself too. Then restarted device and it appears notifications are now working again for BBM. So I am happy about that.

And of course after I posted about Edge, it has not froze once. It usually would have done at least one by now. Maybe the additional restart cleared up these issues for me.

I have full telemetry enabled so hopefully MS has gotten the random restarts logs.

salcie

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm still keeping updated my L720 with Threshold branch. Last release .420 seems to works generally fine and I have no hang up to reports so far (with previous release the situation was much worse already after few hours of use!).
But hot spot function still does not work. I see from other users that other phones got already a fix and L720 is one of last few models with this issue, most probably abandoned from Ms as it's only a 512 RAM device.

I'm having issues with hotspot too. Connection drops everytime after screens turns off. It's not about the RAM here, I've got a 920 - it's about old generation - they don't seem to care too much about *20 series anymore. But let's give them some time, considering we don't get Redstone (which I find reasonable) I expect to at least have a stable version when updates are over.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues with hotspot too. Connection drops everytime after screens turns off. It's not about the RAM here, I've got a 920 - it's about old generation - they don't seem to care too much about *20 series anymore. But let's give them some time, considering we don't get Redstone (which I find reasonable) I expect to at least have a stable version when updates are over.

That's an old iussue fixed since weeks on most models. There's no a stability point, Win10 Official build IS stable, but it will always not fully compatible with some oldest chipsets as declared since official release

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

Check whether VPN is turned ON or not, if it is turned ON ,turn it off (check the screenshot) and if required reboot the phone. Remember VPN is turned ON again if you do a reboot/soft reset.
After ensuring this, check whether Hotspot is working or not, because sometimes the hotspot is connected but mobile data is not transferring data correctly.
I have tested it on L925 and it worked.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160622_0001.png
    wp_ss_20160622_0001.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 5

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
NO. I hard reset my phone when I went to .380. I am not about to soft/hard reset and spend the time getting it set back up EVERY time there is an update! And there shouldn't be a need for that drastic process for minor updates. I like to hard reset for major ones.

This, x1000. I've put the last 3 or 4 redstone builds on my 640, and the last 3 or 4 threshold builds (currently on .420) on my 950XL and not done a hard reset afterwards. I've had zero problems. I understand that a) My experience isn't everyone's experience, and b) the redstone builds are pre-release and understand a hard reset there might help, but this "have you done a hard reset" is out of control. Who has the time to constantly reinstall everything? (And, IMHO, a hard reset and restoring from a backup just begs to recreate the problem.) And, as you said, you shouldn't have to!

Some days I wonder if people use the term hard reset when they mean soft reset, too. A soft reset is easy to do. If I had to hard reset after every threshold build, I would have left Windows mobile a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
This, x1000. I've put the last 3 or 4 redstone builds on my 640, and the last 3 or 4 threshold builds (currently on .420) on my 950XL and not done a hard reset afterwards. I've had zero problems. I understand that a) My experience isn't everyone's experience, and b) the redstone builds are pre-release and understand a hard reset there might help, but this "have you done a hard reset" is out of control. Who has the time to constantly reinstall everything? (And, IMHO, a hard reset and restoring from a backup just begs to recreate the problem.) And, as you said, you shouldn't have to!

Some days I wonder if people use the term hard reset when they mean soft reset, too. A soft reset is easy to do. If I had to hard reset after every threshold build, I would have left Windows mobile a long time ago.

I don't even know what a soft reset is. I know what a hard reset is. :p

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Juts purchased my 950XL DS yesterday and it shows the .420 update available but I receive an error each time I try to install. The update downloads, then prepares for installation and then I receive error code 0x800f081f.

I also just plugged my phone into my PC and launched WDRT and it shows "You have latest available software version." but it is 10586.13080

Am I missing something? Phone is great otherwise, no weird quirks yet and happy to have WP back! Thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Juts purchased my 950XL DS yesterday and it shows the .420 update available but I receive an error each time I try to install. The update downloads, then prepares for installation and then I receive error code 0x800f081f.

I also just plugged my phone into my PC and launched WDRT and it shows "You have latest available software version." but it is 10586.13080

Am I missing something? Phone is great otherwise, no weird quirks yet and happy to have WP back! Thanks!

WDRT restores fabric build, NOT last available build. Might be a temporary backend server iussue in your country.
Try a soft reset and retry

Last edited:

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately multiple soft resets and no change. I guess maybe I will try a hard reset but as of right now, minus the upgrade not going through the phone is great. Minor gripes: windows hello is slow and battery life is lacking (hoping that stabilizes with a few days of use).

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Anybody noticing a sudden battery drain especially from 75 to 63% and 42% to 29% in less than 20mins even if then phone is in complete standby(no WiFi/mobile data)? I am having this problem since .218 and sharing a screenshot to confirm it. Did hard reset last on .318.

Attachments

• 2016-10-6--12-32-52.jpg
    2016-10-6--12-32-52.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 6

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anybody noticing a sudden battery drain especially from 75 to 63% and 42% to 29% in less than 20mins even if then phone is in complete standby(no WiFi/mobile data)? I am having this problem since .218 and sharing a screenshot to confirm it. Did hard reset last on .318.

check battery usage info to see which apps have been active

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb