W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think my 950XL has decided to make me look bad. Today in front of my friend first Cortana failed and said something like "please try again in a little bit" out loud. And half an hour later it spontaneously rebooted while doing nothing except sitting on a table with a YouTube video paused. I'm almost tempted to try Redstone at this point.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 950xl crashes and restarts automatically multiple times in a day. I'm not really getting a good Battery life in this Build compared to the previous Build.
Sometimes i get resuming in Start screen and few Apps like Weather channel, Groove music are crashing.badly in this Build. I had no such issues in previous Builds and I'm in Production ring.

Did anyone faced such issues with thsi Build on Lumia 950XL

I think my 950XL has decided to make me look bad. Today in front of my friend first Cortana failed and said something like "please try again in a little bit" out loud. And half an hour later it spontaneously rebooted while doing nothing except sitting on a table with a YouTube video paused. I'm almost tempted to try Redstone at this point.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

guess you guys can try out redstone builds as many have said the battery life is better

Last edited:

Siyabonga Bhengu

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
My Store Tile does not show me when there are updates available. I always have to go to the Store and press Check Updates.... Its quite annoying. Any solutions

Siyabonga Bhengu

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Is store enabled to run in the background?
If yes keep it on auto update when on wifi

or check less regularly, like once a week

That option for the live tile to "auto update when on wifi" is dumb. We live in countries where wi-fi is still a priviledge. On the previous build i didn't encounter this issue.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That option for the live tile to "auto update when on wifi" is dumb. We live in countries where wi-fi is still a priviledge. On the previous build i didn't encounter this issue.

then you check manually, like the way I do once a week. I also don't have wifi everywhere and have to resort to coffee shops to access wifi to update all my devices and do all my work

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
On my L930 this .420 build has been the best so far regarding battery. I removed the phone from charging (100%) monday morning & put it in battery saver mode. Only light usage during the week. And now it is wednesday evening and it is on 51% charge. Have never been so good before. Now downloading .456.

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
On my 2? year old 1520 I have been using Win 10 for a couple of days so far. I like is so far.
My battery life seems to be about what 8.1 gave me unless I use the phone doing exploring, texting and such which drains the battery more than 8.1.

One thing I noticed that did not migrate from 8.1 is my blocked call list. I had 8 to 10 numbers stored on 8.1 but there are none on 10. I would like to get them back but think there is very little possibility of that happening.

Beercules

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Is store enabled to run in the background?
If yes keep it on auto update when on wifi

or check less regularly, like once a week

Wrong, I guess. If you want to see updates available in Live tile "Auto update when on wifi" should be OFF. If it is on - your updates goes silently in background then you are on Wifi and you do not get any notification about it.

Jorgul

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I just received an info that i need to restart my phone for the .420 update to install or it will do the job 03:30 by himself.

But, I DON'T WANT THIS BUILD, I am on .107 and finally satisfied with performance and battery.
I don't want to gamble and install this version by any chance.
Is there an option to erase the downloaded upgrade file and skip this and any future builds?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just received an info that i need to restart my phone for the .420 update to install or it will do the job 03:30 by himself.

But, I DON'T WANT THIS BUILD, I am on .107 and finally satisfied with performance and battery.
Is there an option to erase the downloaded upgrade file and skip this and any future builds?

or go for .456 using insider

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

That's impossible cancelling an update in progress. Next time , disable Updates in background apps.

On August 2nd will be the definitive pass into Redstone, it should be insane remainin into the past

Jorgul

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
That's impossible cancelling an update in progress. Next time , disable Updates in background apps.

On August 2nd will be the definitive pass into Redstone, it should be insane remainin into the past
Thanx man!
Did the update and disabled updates in the background apps.
I am not going to update to Redstone because of Here maps. I need them to work.
I have not accepted the update of Here maps and Here drive that disables them after 30 june, so they will continue to work.
But if I update to Redstone, Here apps will be automatically deleted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786