W10M Official 10586.420 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What would happen to Threshold branch after Redstone is official...?

It should be at the end of updates and support. Uneligible phones in Insider Preview Ring will not receive anymore updates.
All the others will pass the river

I would believe that patches and fixes will still roll out to Threashold devices... Just feature frozen. Those legacy devices that can't cross to Redstone will still get patched. My Lumia 2520 running Windows RT 8.1 still gets regular updates.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I would believe that patches and fixes will still roll out to Threashold devices... Just feature frozen. Those legacy devices that can't cross to Redstone will still get patched. My Lumia 2520 running Windows RT 8.1 still gets regular updates.

I didn't know that 2520. It's beautiful!!!!

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
For people suffering from strange battery drain - i've found that Groove can sometimes get stuck when streaming Onedrive-hosted music. It's happened a few times for me, causing the phone to drain 40% in a few hours trying to pull data down. Even when i've walked outside of Wifi range and there isn't a physical network to connect to, with all music controls bricked so I can't stop the thing.

Restarting the phone, or using another music service to clear Groove from the now-playing background process seems to sort it out.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone stuck in downloading at 0% for the past week. No response in downloading the updates. I'm in fast ring.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm stuck in 10586.420 update.

That doesn't add up. Fast Ring is way beyond 10586.420.

Are you on an unsupported device? If your device is not on this list: Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official You won't get Redstone builds such as Fast and Slow Ring have right now. Threshold will be the end of the line for you. 10586.420 matches Official.

What phone do you have?

Gaurav Kaushal

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have recently upgraded to 10586.420 on Lumia 640 XL LTE DS & most of the features are working fine. Noticed two issues: Wifi hotspot does not work at all & unable to see feed from Facebook in People app. Any suggestions or work around?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using L520.

With an older dual core SoC and 512MB RAM, your device won't see any Redstone builds.

You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required. The last Offical for 10586.xxx will be the end of the line, but any patches to Threshold builds will still come to you.

KarthikSampath

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
With an older dual core SoC and 512MB RAM, your device won't see any Redstone builds.

You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required. The last Offical for 10586.xxx will be the end of the line, but any patches to Threshold builds will still come to you.

10586.xxx is the final W10M update from Microsoft and left all the 512mb phones to dead.
Thank you MSFT.

SynthDude

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if dual sim , wifi issues are fixed in 10586.420?

@edit

Mk installed and can tell it dosent have these issues :)

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
10586.xxx is the final W10M update from Microsoft and left all the 512mb phones to dead.
Thank you MSFT.

At least you got into W10M and the new store to get in on UWP Apps.

To be fair, Lumia 520 is over 3 years old now, was a lower end phone even when it came out and is very under-powered by 2016 standards...

There advice:
When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker.

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don?t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping ? > Upload feedback data."

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=FOVRtnEn[/COLOR]

Now my turn.........
My comment seams ever more valid.
I struggle with the content,settings,upgrades,multiple distractions as cloud,edge promote...Microsoft - my pc and my experience is utterly frustrating.Simple things need to be repeatedly fixed,checked. I waste my time and continually my patients. Please make a product that I enjoy opening and using. I request answers...not at the help level..not at friends level (have tried both. I continually search for answers that do not fix the problem and get me deeper into confusing answers. I would just like to begin my searches.......find them and leave. Start this company from the ground up. Start with me.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Earlier it was march,june ,july nw again to august ... Why so much delay from Microsoft ? We are waiting for ages .... Pls dont make us loose our hopes ..

W10M was released officially this year in March, so what delay are you talking of? This is a major update rolling out for people already on windows 10, both pc and mobile. If you didn't get the official update, it means your phone wasn't supported to begin with

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea