Weather on lock and glance screen

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate area...

Windows 10 Mobile How-To Guides is for write ups of prepackaged solutions... Not for leading questions on issues not yet resolved.

satchit

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I want this kind of screen on my Lumia 550 running Windows 10
glance-screen-for-windows-phone-8-1.png

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I believe that clock, date and notifications is all you get from glance in the lumia 550. To get weather and other things you'll have to buy a more expensive phone, in the current line i guess only the lumia 950/xl has fully featured glance screen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. The Weather app doesn't have that feature anymore for some inane reason I believe.

2. I suspect that like the 640, the 550 doesn't have enough display memory/cache to display the extra data. (assuming it has glance)

I sometimes use Amazing Weather's lock screen functionality, which is almost as nice.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
To me, it must be 1). I have the 950, and the only thing I get if I tell it to show "detailed" information about "Weather" is a bit of text. No diagram whatsoever.

STORMY13

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Works just fine on the 640 like the screen cap above, as long as you're still on 8.1. Once you update to 10 you don't get it anymore.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just rejoined the Insider and installed build 14367.0 on my Lumia 640 XL. As I was reconfiguring my device after a master reset, I was amazed to discover that the Weather app was again available to set as my lock screen background. I used to always use this as my lock screen prior to Windows 10. Is this a recent update, or is this a Redstone exclusive feature that I've just been missing out on until now?

unspecified.png

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just rejoined the Insider and installed build 14367.0. As I was reconfiguring my device after a master reset, I was amazed to discover that the Weather app was again available to set as my lock screen background. I used to always use this as my lock screen prior to Windows 10. Is this a recent update, or is this a Redstone exclusive feature that I've just been missing out on until now?

Probably because the device reinstalled the old Weather app and it's about to be "updated" to the new 10 app.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Probably because the device reinstalled the old Weather app and it's about to be "updated" to the new 10 app.

Dang, it looks like you're right. I got my hopes up that they had actually listened to all the feedback requests for this feature that I've been upvoting. I currently have version 3.1.4.487 installed, but the store finally popped up that there is an update available.

Has there ever been any word whether Microsoft purposefully killed this feature or if they just overlooked it in redesigning the app for Windows 10? The lock screen in Windows 10 obviously still supports this feature, so I don't really understand the change or see much difference other than the visual layout.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has there ever been any word whether Microsoft purposefully killed this feature or if they just overlooked it in redesigning the app for Windows 10? The lock screen in Windows 10 obviously still supports this feature, so I don't really understand the change or see much difference other than the visual layout.

I haven't heard anything. I'm assuming it just got lost in the overhaul from 8.1 to 10 and that they'll get to it "soon."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion