Capacitive Keys not working properly

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 830 which has Windows 10 Mobile installed. For last couple of days the capacitive keys aren't working properly. They simply don't react, no vibration or action is taken. But eventually do after couple of retry. It's a 60:40 ratio. What can be the issue, can this be software or hardware. If it's the software, I will do the hard reset or roll back to Win 8.1, but if this is hardware, I will proceed with a new device. It's not in warranty

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 830 which has Windows 10 Mobile installed. For last couple of days the capacitive keys aren't working properly. They simply don't react, no vibration or action is taken. But eventually do after couple of retry. It's a 60:40 ratio. What can be the issue, can this be software or hardware. If it's the software, I will do the hard reset or roll back to Win 8.1, but if this is hardware, I will proceed with a new device. It's not in warranty

if you just installed windows 10, you can try the hard reset. but if have been running the windows 10 OS for a few weeks without issues with the buttons, then the buttons might be failing. You could either repair the phone or as you've said, get a new one

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
haven't replaced anything. BTW will the whole display screen need to be changed if there is the hardware issue?? what shall be the cost

Unfortunately yes. You need to change the whole display since it's all one part. I replaced the display on my L1520 and it cost me 150€ a year ago. It's really not cheap. After the repair, my buttons (back, windows, search) started behaving weird (pressing Windows triggers back and sometimes the display gets fantom touches). So I really don't know. If you can, send it to a Nokia care center (or Microsoft, whatever it's called now). It may be a bit pricier, but atleast it'll be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos