Help: Windows Mobile update stalls and I can't use the phone. What can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Help: Windows mobile update stalls and I can't use phone

Hi everyone,
this is my first post- I have a Lumia 950 on ATT and I have been trying to download the latest mobile 10 update for at least the last month. Every time I tried to download the update, I would get an error message that some components were not available. Well, in the middle of the night, it seems that my phone was able to get past this initial error message since I noticed that my phone was attempting to install an update (I would see the 2 circular cogs moving). However, the progress bar would always stop literally at 2% and then I would see an unhappy face. The phone restarts and then it tries to install the update again and repeat itself with the unhappy face.

What can I do at this point? Hard reset (which I do not want to do as first option)?

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help: Windows mobile update stalls and I can't use phone

Hi everyone,
this is my first post- I have a Lumia 950 on ATT and I have been trying to download the latest mobile 10 update for at least the last month. Every time I tried to download the update, I would get an error message that some components were not available. Well, in the middle of the night, it seems that my phone was able to get past this initial error message since I noticed that my phone was attempting to install an update (I would see the 2 circular cogs moving). However, the progress bar would always stop literally at 2% and then I would see an unhappy face. The phone restarts and then it tries to install the update again and repeat itself with the unhappy face.

What can I do at this point? Hard reset (which I do not want to do as first option)?

Thanks!

what OS version are you on at the moment? You can check in settings> system > about > OS build
Also, you can try a soft reset (restart)
And what version are you trying to get?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

kimhoj

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I do not know what OS version I have recently but I was try to update to the most recent version available in the US for ATT users. I cannot get to my settings since I can't even get to my start screen on my phone- it keeps on rebooting after I get the unhappy face. I can't seem to even do a hard reset unless I have the wrong instructions for my phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I do not know what OS version I have recently but I was try to update to the most recent version available in the US for ATT users. I cannot get to my settings since I can't even get to my start screen on my phone- it keeps on rebooting after I get the unhappy face. I can't seem to even do a hard reset unless I have the wrong instructions for my phone.

then your option would be a recovery to a previous version - use windows device recovery tool - it's a software you install on pc which helps in restoring the phone OS. Data and apps will be lost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett