Tether-X Pro and Windows 10 Mobile

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have successfully used the Tether-X and Tether-X Pro app on my M8W when I had Windows Phone 8.x running on it and Windows 8.1 Pro running on my laptop; worked great! I can't for the life of me get it to work with Windows 10 Mobile TP builds regardless of which one and I'm running Windows 10 again regardless of what TP build running and when I originally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro. There are some subtle changes in how the commands are submitted in the command prompt for netsh but I've set it up a number of times and it just won't start. I admit I don't know much about proxies, but whether it's Tether-X or not, is there a way to manually set the whole thing up using a proxy. I'd hate to either give up my Straight Talk plan and return to Verizon Wireless or revert back to WP8.x. Thanks everybody! Happy Father's Day to all you dads and parents out there.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have successfully used the Tether-X and Tether-X Pro app on my M8W when I had Windows Phone 8.x running on it and Windows 8.1 Pro running on my laptop; worked great! I can't for the life of me get it to work with Windows 10 Mobile TP builds regardless of which one and I'm running Windows 10 again regardless of what TP build running and when I originally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro. There are some subtle changes in how the commands are submitted in the command prompt for netsh but I've set it up a number of times and it just won't start. I admit I don't know much about proxies, but whether it's Tether-X or not, is there a way to manually set the whole thing up using a proxy. I'd hate to either give up my Straight Talk plan and return to Verizon Wireless or revert back to WP8.x. Thanks everybody! Happy Father's Day to all you dads and parents out there.

I used the glorious TheterX on my Nokia N78 for sharing wap packets to my wifi notebook without any charge.
Then times changed. Now carriers are smarter, and use signed packets for WAP and WEB traffic using same APN.
If you don't got a tethering allowing carrier (e.g. Vodafone asks for a daily charge or a adding option) it blocks any connection out of the smartphone. And sometimes charges you without notice if you connect something.
Only older smatphones could fool them I guess, maybe a Symbian, but I can't check

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos