Best App to measure battery life/usage on Windows 10 Mobile?

Nagesh Boppana

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Best App to measure battery life/usage on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Guys,

Any pointers on the bets app to measure the battery usage on windows 10 mobile?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best App to measure battery life/usage on Windows 10 mobile

A random number generator? ;-]

Seriously, I think for now, the built-in meter is the best, and that's not saying too much. Some builds it's pretty good, shows steady and realistic movement, and others it's pretty radical, I took a 14%, 5 minute jump downwards, shortly after going to .420, but it's been more stable, since.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

A random number generator? ;-]

Seriously, I think for now, the built-in meter is the best, and that's not saying too much. Some builds it's pretty good, shows steady and realistic movement, and others it's pretty radical, I took a 14%, 5 minute jump downwards, shortly after going to .420, but it's been more stable, since.

Yeah, seconded, both the part about it being the best I've seen (I uninstalled the "Battery" app mentioned, almost useless for me on W10m, worked great on 8.1), and the "not saying much" part.
It does an okay job of showing high-use apps, but I see weird jumps occasionally, such as one time where I used 14% of my battery, in 5 minutes, when the phone was suspended (you can see some of my other posts about battery, I have basically no non-essential background apps enabled).

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Most apps suck battery too what's your point?

Sent from mTalk

He's saying that by the nature of using one of these "battery measurement" apps, you'll be conversely affecting battery life, which should be considered. Trying to figure out how much to weight this is tricky though, you'd have to track it over a time period, and estimate it against other apps, best-case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss