Google Chrome on Windows 10 Mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Google Chrome on Windows 10 mobile

Hi,

I just upgraded from an HTC 8x running Windows 8.1 to a Microsoft Lumia 950 running Windows 10. I used to use Google Chrome on the HTC, but that doesn't seem to be available for the 950. The main reason I liked Chrome was that it was possible to pin individual pages to Start and each displayed an image of the page itself on the tile. Although Edge allows individual pages to be pinned to Start, they all display the standard 'e' logo on the tile, making it impossible to tell them apart.

Is there any way to get Chrome to run on Windows 10, or to change the image displayed in Edge tiles?

Thanks,

Mark

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Chrome on Windows 10 mobile

Umm... Chrome was never available on Windows Phone. The only official Google app was a search app I believe.

(the pinning behavior you describe was done by IE too on WP8)

Unfortunately I don't know what browser out there does what you need though since we need to wait for Edge to get that functionality and who knows when it'll arrive...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google Chrome on Windows 10 mobile

Hi,
or to change the image displayed in Edge tiles?
Mark

I had the same problem, I too, have older webpages pinned and they display a screenshot of the site; but, with so many, and so small, the are hard for me to decipher, although they are much more distinguishable than the generic "e".

I now use "PIN IT", much better than both the above options (IMO), because you are able to write your own description, AND color code them into groups.

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Google Chrome on Windows 10 mobile

Has anyone tried the new Opera Mini, which has ad blocking, to see whether it pins the page, or just has a default icon? The old results from other browsers in 8.1 were helpful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett