SMS backup and MS Band 2 Sync?

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
SMS backup and MS Band 2 Sync

Hello all I am running build 14367 on my 950xl. And I have a question I was having sms restore issues a while back so I haven't done a clean refresh like I normally do is any having this issue. And secondly my experience with the Band 2 is really mixed on my 950xl I want to say my experience on my 640xl (8.1) and 1520 was a good bit better. I get text hit or miss and I can't respond via cortana half of the time. Sorry for the two questions in one but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
SMS backup totally failed, on my wife's phone that I recently reset, I think it was on .318. She was pretty peeved, but what else could I do, the phone was crashing a LOT, and the reset fixed it, 99%.
The restore failed almost completely, only the home screen and a couple of other items actually restored; I had to manually re-install almost everything and re-configure it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
SMS backup totally failed, on my wife's phone that I recently reset, I think it was on .318. She was pretty peeved, but what else could I do, the phone was crashing a LOT, and the reset fixed it, 99%.
The restore failed almost completely, only the home screen and a couple of other items actually restored; I had to manually re-install almost everything and re-configure it.

Very strange, sms backup was fixed on april / may, and no one more reported restore from backup iussues. Only difference (assuming no everyone knows that) apps cannot be backupped "entirely" in a sd card. Phone saves apps list and then download them one by one, like a normal pc.
It takes more time then restore itself

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Very strange, sms backup was fixed on april / may, and no one more reported restore from backup iussues. Only difference (assuming no everyone knows that) apps cannot be backupped "entirely" in a sd card. Phone saves apps list and then download them one by one, like a normal pc.
It takes more time then restore itself

Not sure why restore failed so miserably. I looked back, and 318 came out on/about 5/11/16.
Do you know exactly when the backup/restore issues was fixed, either build or time-wise?

I almost couldn't believe it myself, I had reset my wife's phone, saying, "yeah I'll have it righ back up, as-is, maybe 30 minutes, tops". Several hours later, I was still trying to piece things together, and never did manage to restore all her text history, which wasn't very popular.
I haven't seen this bad a restore failure since before Win phone 8; up until now, things have been ultra-reliable, in this area.

Now I'm really concerned, that I'll have to reset one of our phones again. I hope you're right, and all this has been ironed-out, it'd be great to hear some people respond that they had a "good" restore experience, in recent builds...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why restore failed so miserably. I looked back, and 318 came out on/about 5/11/16.
Do you know exactly when the backup/restore issues was fixed, either build or time-wise?

I almost couldn't believe it myself, I had reset my wife's phone, saying, "yeah I'll have it righ back up, as-is, maybe 30 minutes, tops". Several hours later, I was still trying to piece things together, and never did manage to restore all her text history, which wasn't very popular.
I haven't seen this bad a restore failure since before Win phone 8; up until now, things have been ultra-reliable, in this area.

Now I'm really concerned, that I'll have to reset one of our phones again. I hope you're right, and all this has been ironed-out, it'd be great to hear some people respond that they had a "good" restore experience, in recent builds...

It was months ago, 3ads are stored in forums, and you are the very first person reporting such a iussue since that period.
And I don't read anyone reporting for now, considering there's some user making an hard reset everyday in forum.
It wasn't build / ring related , it was a server-end problem.

So let's undestrand if your account and sync options are well setted:
Now, did you put sms sync "one month" as start? In the past did you enabled sms backup in settings?
If in Settings you go to My account, do you see any alarm like "Attention Required" ?
If not , try tapping it and enter, maybe MS is standing by one ome identity check.

Then, in Messages, open one recent conversation and see: scrolling page up should populate slowly but costantly, during download messages from OneDrive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs