Got NEW MAPS for official .420

Blomsternisse

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Trying to stop a route in progress is pretty difficult when driving - the "..." button is way too small. Also, there's no dark theme anymore?

I'd still like to be able to change the navigation voice from the system locale. I'm using the US English locale but still want the navigation voice in another languge. I hope they'll implement it someday.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Trying to stop a route in progress is pretty difficult when driving - the "..." button is way too small. Also, there's no dark theme anymore?

I'd still like to be able to change the navigation voice from the system locale. I'm using the US English locale but still want the navigation voice in another languge. I hope they'll implement it someday.

Yes these are some nice point which Microsoft has to do work.

Removing hamburger menu it doesn't feel like "Built for windows 10"

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Having the data at the bottom of the screen is much better, but the current speed font above the speed limit is still too small on my 950. The tabs are also nice addition and so is having offline storage of favourites.

You can also cancel the navigation by just pressing the back button instead of the '...'. I'm not fazed about having a hamburger menu or not. But they are taking up too much space at the top of the screen with the directions.

There is STILL no drive mode like Here Maps. I want to be able to just drive without putting in a destination and have the current speed and speed limit shown.

Would be nice if we could import speed camera locations as MS does not provide them for my country.

I see there is an option to transfer your favourites from Here, something I requested on the feedback page. However, I have already transferred all my favourites using another method found on these forums.

MS Maps has taken a leap forward with this update. Still not on par with Here Maps, but at least it is now useable.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes these are some nice point which Microsoft has to do work.

Removing hamburger menu it doesn't feel like "Built for windows 10"

The hamburger menu needs to remain on the menu of fast food joints :winktongue: not used a cheap UX hack / draw to shove items away. Granted a similar element is needed for apps like outlook as swiping is used for other functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes