How do I use WM10 on 1020?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to use WM10 on 1020

Hello,
I would like to use WM10 on Lumia 1020.

However, I am completely lost in how the Insider rings work. I can't seem to be able to find a summary anywhere on which ring to choose and what exactly are their pros&cons.

Is there any way I could keep getting updates of WM10 on the phone even after the Anniversary Update is out?

Thank you very much.
Ivan

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to use WM10 on 1020

Hello,
I would like to use WM10 on Lumia 1020.

However, I am completely lost in how the Insider rings work. I can't seem to be able to find a summary anywhere on which ring to choose and what exactly are their pros&cons.

Is there any way I could keep getting updates of WM10 on the phone even after the Anniversary Update is out?

Thank you very much.
Ivan

in brief
  1. Enrol into windows insider program
  2. Download and install windows insider app from the store
  3. Open the above app, sign in and select release ring
  4. Follow instructions that follow
  5. The update will be in 2 steps, the first one downloads OS build 10586.107 while the second should download 10586.420
  6. After OS update is finished, go to store and update store first before anything else
  7. Then update core apps - eg mail, camera, groove music etc
  8. Finally update other apps - eg 6tag, whatsapp etc

Once updates are done, do a restart of the phone, let it settle down over a few days and observe

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to use WM10 on 1020

You will keep getting updates for the 10586.xxx branch until the last one is released. After that no more builds will be available since the newer phone models will be using 14xxx series of builds (anniversary/redstone update)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo