Why does my System use a huge amount of cellular data?

Furocan

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
"System" uses huge amount of cellular data

Hey guys!
I searched already several hours for a solution of this problem but sadly I did'nt found one :/

I recognized that my phone (Lumia 950, Win 10 Mobile, 10586.420) uses a lot of my cellular data over the day. One of the highest data eater is "System" which needs several Mbs per day according to Data Sense. Unfortunately my monthly limit is only by 250mb.

It bothers me because at work I have no wifi so I need the mobile connection. I already use the Battery Safe mode to restrict the amount of used data but even then "System" is still using too much data which means I must turn off the connection most of the time.

It would be great if someone could help me with this annoying problem! Why is System using so much data and is there a possibility to restrict it? I also disabled the SMS synchronisation which seems to be a data eater in earlier preview builds of Win 10M but it didn't help :/

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: "System" uses huge amount of cellular data

Hey guys!
I searched already several hours for a solution of this problem but sadly I did'nt found one :/

I recognized that my phone (Lumia 950, Win 10 Mobile, 10586.420) uses a lot of my cellular data over the day. One of the highest data eater is "System" which needs several Mbs per day according to Data Sense. Unfortunately my monthly limit is only by 250mb.

It bothers me because at work I have no wifi so I need the mobile connection. I already use the Battery Safe mode to restrict the amount of used data but even then "System" is still using too much data which means I must turn off the connection most of the time.

It would be great if someone could help me with this annoying problem! Why is System using so much data and is there a possibility to restrict it? I also disabled the SMS synchronisation which seems to be a data eater in earlier preview builds of Win 10M but it didn't help :/

system is mostly usage of store and any app that it updates -ensure that automatic updating of apps is off. System data usage also records the data used in updating the OS

Furocan

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

First I want to thank you for your answer :)

I update everything manually. In the Store App I can only enable automatic Updates when a Wifi Connection is available (which I disabled) so it doesn't seem to update when I use cellular data.

In case of the OS Updates I chose to "notify me when a restart is planned" but in the text below it says it doesn't download when I use a limited Connection.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

First I want to thank you for your answer :)

I update everything manually. In the Store App I can only enable automatic Updates when a Wifi Connection is available (which I disabled) so it doesn't seem to update when I use cellular data.

In case of the OS Updates I chose to "notify me when a restart is planned" but in the text below it says it doesn't download when I use a limited Connection.

do this, don't update any app for the next 3 days and monitor system usage for those 3 days. When I did this, I found it was almost all app updates that was using data. I've used my phone for over 2 weeks without updating apps and my data usage for those 2 weeks was about 100MB which was basically whatsapp and UC browser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon